Old 3rd May 2012, 20:37   #1
agentwright007

USB Audio Interface

Is there anyway to run a usb audio interface through winamp? I know there you can do line in by opening it as a url. I have my record player hooked up to my focusrite saffire 6 and I would love to use winamp for convinience, eq and visualizations. If not, does anyone know of a light software that can playback usb audio signal other than a DAW?
agentwright007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:45   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Yes, there's more than one way but without knowing why your first attempt didn't work (presumably you are here asking for a solution) I don't know if any of them would help.

What error messages or ineffectualness did you encounter when trying to use the line in plugin?
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:57   #3
agentwright007

I havent had any errors, I guess I just dont know how to do it.
when I use the LineIn function it plays nothing. Im guessing because its trying to read the line in jack rather than my audio interface. I do have it set up as default recording device in windows.
Old 4th May 2012, 11:00   #4
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Hello agentwright007,
I want to give You 2 links:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=337338
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=296471
I hope, these 2 threads can help You, if not, ask again.
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 22:20   #5
agentwright007

thank you so much! this is exactly what i was looking for! the lineIn plug in worked perfectly. Now I have easy access to my Bang and Olufson record player, running through my Saffire 6 usb audio interface, into Winamp with EQ and best of all Visualizations. Those are always key since I have this all hooked up to a 50" plasma. Are there any other cool compression, eq or tube sim plugins?

Thanks again
Old 4th May 2012, 22:45   #6
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

eq or tube sim plugins... I have never heard from them before.
But You can visit me on deviantART, if You want that:
http://sternenmaschinebine.deviantart.com/
You will find in my latest "Devious Journal" some download-links to some txt-files (if You want to know, which visualizations I myself have). And it's nice, that You enjoy...
I myself have a 26" Full HD monitor (1920x1200) pixel, and I love to play my favourites and playlists in all these music-platforms (directly from the websites). And yes, I know, what very good DJs will need on very good Deep House Partys in very good Dance Clubs with very large screens...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 15:10   #7
agentwright007

This is strictly a home setup. I normally use XBMC for most of my media but getting the record player to pass through is a biatch, plus it doesnt have all of the same plugins as winamp. Granted, just about anything can be done in XBMC, but it's sometimes a pain in the ass. I did find a nifty plugin by iZoptope, who's products I have used in the past for recording. The one i'm now using is called Ozone and it has about 5 -8 free presets to use and play with. It's worked pretty good for beefing up my turntable's sound. Viva Winamp!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support