Old 8th February 2001, 02:11   #1
xiris

Send a message via Yahoo to xiris
is winamp still going to publish skins for the old winamps once wa3 is out for good
xiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2001, 02:38   #2
Namelessv1
Forum King

I think they're gonna do the same thing they did with Winamp 1.x skins. As Winamp 1.x gradually got faded out, its skins also got faded out. I hope the same thing doesnt happen with WA2 though, cuz that would be a real kick in the testes.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2001, 02:40   #3
xiris

yes it would definatly that would suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8th February 2001, 03:31   #4
Zeruel
Major Dude

Yeah, not posting WA2 skins is definitely not about to happen.

Sig of the moment:

Almost June 15th...

Sephiroticum.NET
Zeruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2001, 03:46   #5
xiris

Any mod out there that could give us a for sure answer please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
Old 8th February 2001, 04:32   #6
Duk
Major Dude

tongue in cheek ... head in hands

Who are we to stand in the way of "progress"?
Duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2001, 05:04   #7
Namelessv1
Forum King

Well, if u think about it, we control almost all of the skins business. If we can get ppl 2 not make WA3 skins, we can force them (winamp.com) to keep the WA2 skins.
Namelessv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2001, 08:02   #8
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I'm not sure that winamp.com is so blinkered that it would drop wa2 skins, after all why alienate your xxx million users, but who knows. I can forsee them gradualy phased out in favour of wa3 skins, but not anytime soon.

I suppose the timing of this depends on how quickly wa3 becomes stable and gets released to the public. looking in some of the other tech forums and stuff on here, there is a lot of talk about the lead time on this, opinions ranging from 6 months to 18 months before a totaly stable product becomes available. If this is the case the anticipation and user base of the pre=release alphas/betas is gonna be fairly high and you would expect the skinning community to be fairly advanced in skin making, so whos to say that wa2 will be forgoten?.

My advice to you is keep up with the wa2 stuff, while at the same time sharpening your wa3 skills, that way you will have the best of both worlds.

Also don't forget theres a line in the developers section about wa3 that says "However, we have decided to include native support for Winamp 2 skins, so that should make everybody a bit happier"

So give it time, your wa2 stuff wont go to waste even when wa3 goes gold

Back to the day job
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2001, 16:20   #9
Duk
Major Dude

... and yet, in time, all things both good and bad must end. Skin for the love of skinning. Your art won't exist forever.
Duk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins