Old 24th June 2014, 12:31   #1
scott-h

ShoutCast player not present

Hi there -
We've got a ShoutCast player on our website balconyradio.com and I noticed today you've changed the look of your site. Since you did this the ShoutCast player is no longer present on our site. has the html code changed or is there something new that we've got to upgrade? Please advise. Thanks!
scott-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 12:39   #2
DrO

i assume you're referring to the embeddable player from the AOL provided site? if so then support for that was dropped when Winamp and SHOUTcast were sold in January 2014 though for a while we did provide it during the development of the new site (whilst there was a temporary site available).

as such, the removal of the old site player is mentioned in http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=375305 and was expected to be finally removed once the new site went live (as has now happened).

if you're wanting to have a site player on your own site, options from jplayer and other similar web players are what we suggest you look into using as we cannot do anything to maintain or fix the version which AOL had provided (especially as there wasn't complete source code to re-build it anyway).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 12:46   #3
scott-h

Ok. Thank you for the info. I'll get this to our developer. Kudos!
scott-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions