Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS

Closed Thread
Old 31st March 2003, 15:41   #81
Illusion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Illusion
You probably could, especially considering you posted the same reply twice...
Old 31st March 2003, 16:29   #82
Jaak
Major Dude

thats the easiest way to do Pust-Pumpin'
someboady should PM rovastar or some other 'admin'

Phi = (1+sqrt(5))/2
Old 31st March 2003, 19:01   #83
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
Geez cannot a couple of days go by without you lot fighting amonst yourselves about....well, nothing.

Sometimes I feel that the plan is to cause flame wars on purpose so you get another mod. This is not the right way at all. The way I look at things is I do not know who will be worthy of being a mod and have teh power going to the head.

I only became a mod to move posts and stuff around NOT to be the policeman of the forums. I am sick of all your argueing.

Please chill on the flames people. I normally turn a blind eye to mild newbie bashing but this is going too far.

Atero (sorry to pick you out) if you are to talk to a newbie then please do so politely otherwise say nothing at all. This isn't complaticated it is simple.

You do not have to attack all the newbies here. MAybe take a leaf out of UnConeD's book and just cut and paste the standard read the FAQ.

WHat do I have to start threating you people with warning and bans and stuff so you play nice. WHat are you people 12 years old or something!!

Feel free to PM me if you have any issues with post and stuff. And I thank all those taht have done so so far.

Thanks for teh sensible words Illusion. BTW I spend more time here then teh MD forums due to all the hassle here.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Old 31st March 2003, 19:41   #84
Raz
Forum King

Would all you post pumping people please take you business elsewhere. Have a 3 way conversation over msn, a chatroom, #*******, anywhere. This is a Forum, not a messenger service.

That flame war didn't exactly cause me or anyone else any inconvenience but it does leave the forum a more hostile place to spend time and therfore, less fun. Atero's original post was funny i admit but both atero and legohead took it too far.

Legohead: atero has quite a bit of respect around here as a knowledgable avs artist but i have seen very little contribution from you. If all you're here for is to occasionally cause flame wars over a flame war then take your hypocritical business elsewhere.

Atero: please cool it. The first post was funny but it was directed towards a possible valued member. If you destroy every noobh who comes in here then no-one will be left eventually. Calm down. Give them a piece of your mind occasionally sure but keep it to a very minimum. The flame towards this thread is because you say the words "how do i make avs" and didn't read the post properly. The actual question was "how do i make a tunnel in avs?".

Ishran: your original post was a legitimate question but it has been answered before, do a quick search in future. Don't make a habit of posting like in the second page, maybe in GD go nuts, thats awash with that kind of thing but lets try and keep this forum directed on AVS.

Rova we realise you do a lot for these forums but we wanted a little more control in here which is why we asked. It has been resolved now, we have Gonzo and Rocker so it dosent matter any more. This entire thread is of no use to anyone except nic01's post on how to make a tunnel and would be much better off locked in my opinion.

Old 31st March 2003, 20:08   #85
Jaak
Major Dude

OK!
Everybody heard what Rova and Raz sayd, there is nothing to see here anymore... nothing to see...
Lets all split up now...

Phi = (1+sqrt(5))/2
Old 31st March 2003, 23:25   #86
legohead

Raz\:
Unfortunately I can't help out as much as I'd like on this forum - Im on a work dsl line so its kinda hard to test peoples presets/code with no sound card (hence no winamp)! And by the time I get home and manage to grab 5 to look at it - its already answered by the next day or two.

Im sure you'll find I've helped quite a few people out where possible. I have tried PMing rather than bringing trash into the threads but it hasn't worked (someone likes taking pms and publishing them in the forum) Someones had to stick up to the roughneck attitude this forums holding towards new users - asking a seemingly lame question is all part of the learning process and its not a crime - its not like they've pissed in your mouth.
I come here for knowledge as do other "noobs" (I hate that word - I could probably code most of you under the table anyday - I wrote my first program at 7 years of age on a mac IIe) I didn't expect childish insults - and I've only thrown it back at him after alot of initial provocation.

Im hoping at least some of you will take my advice and put one simple, non threatening comment on unwanted threads.
'please search the forums' etc...then everyones happy.
Old 1st April 2003, 08:27   #87
[Ishan]
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to [Ishan]
Rovastar please lock this thread cause the fighting is starting once again and i feel sad that it was all because of me

Amateur AVS'er. All over again.

Last AVS Pack :
Resurgence

Old 1st April 2003, 08:36   #88
[Ishan]
Major Dude

Rovastar please lock this thread cause the fighting is starting once again and i feel sad that it was all because of me

Last AVS Pack :
Resurgence

Old 1st April 2003, 08:55   #89
[Ishan]
Major Dude

hey i dont know whats happening!:wierd my post is being dislayed twice(im honest i dont do this on pupose really!)

Last AVS Pack :
Resurgence

Old 1st April 2003, 09:02   #90
[Ishan]
Major Dude

i figured it out ! i had two windows open of winamp forums so the post was displayed twice. sorry(AND I WAS NOT POST PUMPING) infact i have no problem in remaining as a junior member as long as i get to talk to people

Last AVS Pack :
Resurgence

Old 1st April 2003, 11:09   #91
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
use the edit button.

No-one is blaming you rocky although maybe you could have been more descriptive in your request. Rather than the making a general 'tellme how to make cool AVS' type posts.

Anyway this thread has come to the end of it's natural life and teh padlock is out.

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS