Old 16th September 2003, 01:07   #1
e-blackadder

WA5 contest suggestion.

Like it says, it's a suggestion for a contest, not an actual contest per se.

The thought occurs that with all the new bells and whistles WA5 is gonna have now, it's pretty much going to become my default player for everything. (Wa 2.9x is now anyways, which brings up the problem) Now, as much as I cherish WA, the default icon selection is, and I say this with the utmost respect and admiration, a bit stale. All the stuff that's changed with WA over the years and the default icon package is still the same.

Wouldn't it be nifty, and yes I'm dreaming but... wouldn't it be nifty if Winamp.com held an icon contest? Top three designs got to be included in the WA5 base package just to spice it up a bit? (Or if WA5 had an "import your own" function so us lazy types could do it with a click?)

Just a notion... what do you think? Do you like the base icons? Tired of them? Got any concepts?
e-blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 03:47   #2
steve
Intolerant Ex-Administrator

Send a message via AIM to steve
Cool idea, this wouldn't make it in for 5.0 but who knows what the future holds.

Steve Gedikian
Ex Llama Wrangler
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 04:36   #3
anubis2003
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to anubis2003
Would it be that hard to get them into the final release? I mean - it's supposed to come out in mid-late october. We could have a short contest - icons don't take too long to make.
anubis2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 11:31   #4
e-blackadder

Short contests can be fun too, a la the famous three day novel contest where you have to write an entire book in just 72 hours... and high quality icons can be cranked out in no time. Hmmmmmm, hadn't thought of proposing it as an "iron man" type competition.
e-blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 19:10   #5
xenosomething
Major Dude

i like this idea, unless there is a suprise early release, i think people should have enough time to make them.
xenosomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2003, 20:22   #6
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by anubis2003
Would it be that hard to get them into the final release? I mean - it's supposed to come out in mid-late october. We could have a short contest - icons don't take too long to make.
the fact is that it's extra work - not much, but every little feature that people want takes a little bit of time to fill in, and these things build up. let's just hope they get it working, for now

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Arts and Design