Old 8th April 2005, 02:19   #121
beeferoni

Send a message via AIM to beeferoni Send a message via Yahoo to beeferoni
I apologize, TomyLobo. My phone line has been kicking me off all f-ing day, so it was a miracle that the new thread wad posted before some joker replied, anyway. Otherwise I would have edited it. Hopefully they will go and check out your deviant site for the full info anyway (newbies who don't know you that is). As far as normalise, I just took what was out there. I forgot all about fluid by Geiss, also.

There it just kicked me offline again. The fifth time in the last half hour. I guess I have to go next door and call the phone company. REALLY frustrating.

Anyway, how is this done? Do we just ask the moderators, 'please delete this thread' (and sticky the new one) or do they make those decisions in their own time, or what?

'A googolplex is precisely as far from infinity as is the number 1...no matter what number you have in mind, infinity is larger.' -Carl Sagan
beeferoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2005, 06:41   #122
hboy

Send a message via AIM to hboy
that other thread is a bit of post-pumper and pretty dull with all those replies i think. anyways, w00t and nice work
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2005, 12:01   #123
^..^
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ^..^
well, the only way he could have avoided the post-pump would have been to post that thread in the recycle bin and ask a mod to move it back here again. but in the RB chances are much higher that someone posts in between!

however... congrats on finishing that thread without any irritating replies and wasting all your time for this project!

^..^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2005, 17:57   #124
beeferoni

Well, almost. Someone (well known but not very active anymore on these boards)pm-ed me and wants his apes linked to. It's too late for me to do anything about it, isn't it?

'A googolplex is precisely as far from infinity as is the number 1...no matter what number you have in mind, infinity is larger.' -Carl Sagan
Old 9th April 2005, 03:19   #125
beeferoni

I have pm-ed a mod. Hopefully the changes I requested (about your buffer blend description, Tomy. and another minor change) will be made shortly.

Old 9th April 2005, 03:38   #126
PAK-9
Major Dude

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
I dont want to sound like a negative nancy but:

a) if you want to make a big list of APE's do it as a single post not lots of replies to a thread, preferably a big hyperlinked list of names, then a brief description of each afterwards
b) a lot of those links are going to break after a short while, you can pretty much guarentee it

http://PAK-9.deviantart.com

...innit
PAK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2005, 06:40   #127
beeferoni

Well actually PAK, there is a new thread now which is where I requested the changes to be made. I did them all as seperate posts, but a couple of the ape authors wanted some changes done. This thread was a mistake made by an inexperienced noob (that would be me) and I hope the new thread is a little better. As far as links breaking, that is the imperfection of cyberspace. And I considered giving a link for every author (all but one has a deviant addy or their own site) but I didn't. In retrospect, I think I would have done that, but such is life I guess.
(and no I dont think you sound negative at all. those are valid points.)

Old 9th April 2005, 10:44   #128
^..^
Major Dude

hmm, i guess we were a bit overhasty on this project...

but (like so often ) pak is right, if you only give links to the ape's pages you can do that in one single post. All that you would have to attach then were the few apes that don't have a site to dl them.

Old 9th April 2005, 15:54   #129
beeferoni

Well, it's a question of one or the other I guess. Either you get a bunch of files with no link to them or you get a bunch of soon-to-be-broken links. But yeah, I suppose the latter may have been better. *sigh*

Old 9th April 2005, 16:55   #130
^..^
Major Dude

i mean, if the link is broken, you'd know the name of the ape and who made it. So you'll probably be able to google for it yourself...

Old 10th April 2005, 09:03   #131
PAK-9
Major Dude

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
c) if you attach the APE itself it will become out of date if and when the APE is updated by the author

http://PAK-9.deviantart.com

...innit
PAK-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2005, 19:41   #132
beeferoni

ah, yes I see your point PAK. Well maybe someday down the line, when everybody forgets about this whole deal, We can do it the right way.

Old 11th May 2005, 12:57   #133
Boktor

Where to find APEs
Boktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS