Old 19th October 2005, 14:23   #1
Yathosho
Forum King

New Pimpbot

rewrote it almost from scratch, you might wanna try it out. leave comments, if there are problems.

download
Yathosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 16:01   #2
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Thanks! Just in time for wfc3

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2005, 20:31   #3
Yathosho
Forum King

ps: requires nsis 2.07 or higher (current version is 2.10)
Old 20th October 2005, 04:36   #4
MaTTFURY
Major Dude

nice

i am not normal, no really.
MaTTFURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2005, 20:13   #5
Yathosho
Forum King

added some new stuff, fixed some minor bugs

download

one of the new features is the pimp switch ("pimpbot.exe /pimp"). this not only compiles the installer, but also creates a pimp-file. that pimpfile holds all the files from the installer and the information necessary to re-compile it at a later moment. it was previously supported to recompile (and edit) the last compiled installer, the pimp switch allows you to recompile all previous installers. this only works through a switch, as i plan to change the entire ui for pimpbot 3.

all you need is nsis 2.07 (or higher). you should also uninstall the previous version of pimpbot (unless it's a pimpbot 2½ version).
Old 21st October 2005, 08:03   #6
blaz

Cool I had some problems with the prevoius version about some Russian language or something like that :S.
But this version works very nice.
Nice yob Yathoso. RESPECT
blaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2005, 08:22   #7
Yathosho
Forum King

that russian language problem was caused by a certain nsis version. the nsis developers fixed that bug in meanwhile.

in meanwhile i updated some more minor issues with the pimp file creation (it didn't remember the transparency setting), but it might be best to download pimpbot shortly before you need it.

you can try this example of a pimp file.
Old 21st October 2005, 13:43   #8
Yathosho
Forum King

added APE detection, much faster than before - but still inaccurate (i.e. mixup of texer and texer2). still doesn't work when you use subfolders, but there are workarounds.
Old 25th October 2005, 16:39   #9
Yathosho
Forum King

-added recursive ape detection
-modified icon
-fixed bug (visit website didn't work in installers)

it's all here
Old 30th October 2005, 18:08   #10
Yathosho
Forum King

another bugfix, thanks to synth-c for pointing out the bug with additional files inclusion
Old 2nd November 2005, 14:41   #11
Yathosho
Forum King

alright, another post means another update. installers now have a /unzip commandline switch, which simply extracts presets and additional file to a subfolder. also added the updated eeltrans.ape tomylobo sent me 10mins ago..

pimpbot 2½ will turn 3.0, when i added the other scripts, added some more features i had in mind and updated the documentation.
Old 27th November 2005, 14:06   #12
Yathosho
Forum King

new version

* fixed a bug that appeared when loading a .pimp file with fonts
* added /nocheck switch to installers to skip winamp detection
* added 7-zip 4.30

get it here
Old 22nd July 2006, 15:51   #13
Yathosho
Forum King

new version

new version out!

what's news?
* added recompile dialog + commandline switch
* upgraded to 7-zip 4.42
* cosmetic fixes

get it here
Old 23rd July 2006, 00:47   #14
Jerry Windrim

Thanx! PimpBot Rulz0rz!!!
Jerry Windrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2006, 03:29   #15
MaTTFURY
Major Dude

people still avs wtf? thanks anway.

i am not normal, no really.
MaTTFURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 00:01   #16
Yathosho
Forum King

new version available

* modified icon handling for .pimp files
* added settings for .pimp file creation

on installation the installer will ask you, whether you want to keep .pimp files of all your installers. note that at this moment the default directory for .pimp files is "My Documents\My Pimp Files". you can change this anytime by modifying the reload.ini. next version will let the installer do that!
Old 19th August 2006, 17:50   #17
Yathosho
Forum King

new version available

* fixed .pimp icon handling
* improved installer

no changes to the actual pimpbot, just improving the installer here and there
Old 3rd September 2006, 09:05   #18
WildJack77

THANKS YATHOSHO! IT REALLY HELPS ME!!
WildJack77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 13:44   #19
Yathosho
Forum King

you're welcome
Old 3rd September 2006, 15:11   #20
Yathosho
Forum King

there will be a suprise soon!
Old 9th September 2006, 07:32   #21
WildJack77

I'm waiting Yathosho...
Old 19th September 2006, 01:27   #22
Yathosho
Forum King

introducing PimpBot Runtime

new version is available now!

this new version introduces the PimpBot Runtime. as pimpbot creates .pimp files including all settings for the installers and includes all installable data, i thought it could become a good alternative to actual installers.

so rather than compiling an installer, you can take the .pimp file which pimpbot creates anyway and distribute as if it was a zip with your data. just that you get all the comfort from a pimpbot installer. this means smaller downloads and no more suspicion against executables. the downside of course is that the user requires pimpbot runtime.

at this time it only ships with pimpbot, later it will be available as a seperate download. the main reason for this is, that it doesn't install apes or fonts yet. the apes will btw be installed with pimpbot runtime, in order to keep the .pimp files small.

by default, .pimp files still get opened in pimpbot for modification/recompilation. to install the contents, you have to do a right-click and press on 'install'.

bugs and suggestions can be posted here. enjoy!
Old 19th September 2006, 16:52   #23
Yathosho
Forum King

standalone download

for testing purposes (without installer!), you can also grab pimpbotRT-alpha1.zip standalone.

1. extract the content
2. drag .pimp on the .exe
3. install
4. compare 28kb of the.pimp to the 211kb dm6 installer

and hopefully no more false positive virus reports on nsis installers (and if then only for the runtime itself, as it's written in nsis).
Old 23rd September 2006, 06:01   #24
WildJack77

Oh finally!

can you make a confirmation on the uninstaller? Because I, not on purpose, click the installer and uninstall pimpbot...
AARGH my unfinished compilation is lost....

So can you make the confirmation like "Are you sure you want to uninstall pimpbot?" thanks.

-WildJack77-
Old 23rd September 2006, 13:17   #25
Yathosho
Forum King

fixed
Old 6th October 2006, 23:34   #26
Yathosho
Forum King

PimpBot Runtime

i've figured that the problem with reloading .pimp files into PimpBot and installing .pimp files directly is not a bug in PimpBot, it's actually a bug in 7-zip! so, it all works when you got a proper 7-zip installation. otherwise the commandline will not extract the .pimp file. i hope this will be fixed soon!
Old 7th October 2006, 18:22   #27
Yathosho
Forum King

PimpBot Runtime beta

there's now a standalone version available to test. ape-installation has been added, but it's not yet perfect (one can cheat on it). licenses aren't yet supported, hopefully in the next version. i've added two .pimp files to the zip to test it.
Old 7th October 2006, 19:09   #28
Zen-X

Lazy my ass...

Good stuff dude, the NSIS false positives have been driving me crazy, this looks like a nice delivery system.
Zen-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2006, 21:58   #29
Yathosho
Forum King

new version displays a warning, when the splash-sound is bigger than 256kb. it is recommended to encode splash-sounds as riff-wav to keep them small. for details read on here.

it should be possible to that with lame.exe, so i might add this feature to pimpbot in the future.

download pimpbot
Old 2nd December 2006, 22:09   #30
Yathosho
Forum King

PimpBot Runtime beta

pimpbotRT went beta and can be downloaded here (includes examples).

what is it again?
all new pimpbot version store the data of your installer in a .pimp file, so you can recompile/edit it easily at any time. so why not distribute the .pimp files directly? this is where pimpbotRT comes in. loading a .pimp file into pimpbotRT will create an installer on runtime, hence the name. the benefit? smaller files, less false virus reports.. or you can just unzip the files with any 7-zip compatible tool (i.e. winrar).

what's new?
installs fonts, shows the license page. minor bugfixes too.

hope you like!
Old 25th December 2006, 00:07   #31
Yathosho
Forum King

new version

a new pimpbot version was just released, you can download it here

new features:
-skinning support was added, allowing you skin your installer as you might have seen it with the wfc5 installer. compatible with any winamp classic skin (if containing gen.bmp and genex.bmp). don't blame me for ugly installers

-brought back creative commons license support. instead of loading a license, you can just type the common abbreviations as used by cc (e.g. by-nc-sa or by-nc). the file names of the included licenses give a clue, otherwise check here
Old 25th December 2006, 06:43   #32
WildJack77

Cool! Creative new features!
Old 26th December 2006, 02:21   #33
Yathosho
Forum King

PimpBot 3 beta

alright, PimpBot 3.0 is now beta, bringing back MilkDrop and SPS support. get it here!

PimpBot Runtime has also been updated, it comes with the PimpBot Compiler. however, it does not yet load .pimp files including other than AVS.
Old 26th December 2006, 19:25   #34
Yathosho
Forum King

PimpBot 3 beta2

minor bugfixes and updated PimpBot Runtime (should work now with MilkDrop and SPS)
Old 3rd January 2007, 05:19   #35
heath28m

Okay.. problem..

I used PimpBot 3 beta 2 to package a compilation ( collection of presets ) 312 AVS to be exact..

I created it and I ran into a few issues..maybe you could shed some light or maybe..it will help bring it out of beta to a full release..

I dunno..

I made mention of the issue in a previous post where I was inquiring about a program to package these for submission..instead of using instructions and a RAR file..

1. After creating the .exe file..When tested the installer throws all of the files right over into the avs folder without their respective 'Visualization' folder which is there to contain the presets and keep them separate for people who like to keep them separated by collection...I tried to go backward one dir and still had the same issue.

2. When using a picture for the splash screen which I thought would be really cool.. it would not accept any file of any size and gave me an error message that stated the Wave file I was wanting to submit was too large then opened a page in my web browser..The icon worked though.

3. When I entered in a wave file to use I got the same message..

4. What I was looking for something that would actually install the folder with avs and any missing apes, bmp's and so on..I am not really a scripter or anything.. and am not fluent with NSIS..

I actually like the idea of installing the presets that way because it actually is better for random play of the avs's but there will probably be that one person who wants to pull their hair out because they have just installed 312 files into the main dir for the avs's ...

Incidientally I am running on XP sp2 ... if that has anything to do with it ..
Old 3rd January 2007, 07:22   #36
Yathosho
Forum King

1. http://forum.deviantart.com/gallerie...zation/728889/

2. only bitmaps are supported as images, wave files as sound.

3. as i've read in your other posting you tried to add a 38mb wave file?! do you really think people are happy to download ~40mb when the large amount of that is just a stupid splash-sound? have a look at http://forum.deviantart.com/gallerie...zation/349229/

4. pimpbot makes sure you don't overwrite new ape versions with older ones, unlike winrar sfx it also detects the proper install path of winamp.. plus many other features :P
Old 3rd January 2007, 08:37   #37
heath28m

Well I am sure that you are proud of the installer as I would be of anything I would have created but so far I think the only thing you actually addressed or realized what I was saying was in Number one..

I followed the guidelines, and created .bmp files specifically for that in PS CS2 v9 two sizes one 153 KB and another 53 KB.. I honestly thought it was like a hang up like if enter it in and it keeps thinking the file is still there, even after the deletion of the entry..examples are as follows..

And yes I am not so 'insert some word here' that I would upload a 38.5 MB file for the installer...and I can create my own smaller waves with my software.. the whole logistics of mentioning it was that.. I grabbed a wave file stuck it in got the message removed it and still got the message..then I exited the installer and then tried again with just the .bmp file..and just with something in the place for the splash image.. I still get the same message..
that a wave file was too large and it opened a window for the change over to another type of wave file, which is a search window for google..

Maybe I was a little unclear to you..but that was the order of events exactly as they happened with this particular instance...

I don't know hat could be causing the problem unless I have something installed on my system that would be interfering with it or something.
Old 3rd January 2007, 14:44   #38
jheriko
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to jheriko
Quote:
Originally posted by Yathosho

3. as i've read in your other posting you tried to add a 38mb wave file?! do you really think people are happy to download ~40mb when the large amount of that is just a stupid splash-sound? have a look at http://forum.deviantart.com/gallerie...zation/349229/P
Tut-tut. Did I make these complaints when mattfury tried to load an 8kx8k texture into Image2GVM? Even though the megabuf is limited to a million entries? No. Instead I fixed the bug in my software. You could always do the same, it will stop people from making the same mistake in future...

Also, downloading 40MB is nothing these days... but you already know my opinion on file sizes

heath: Pimpbot rules and has worked exceptionally in the past, so I doubt that yathosho's pride is fueling his response.. more likely the frustration that someone would try something stupid enough to break it and not realise what caused the problem..

-- Jheriko

'Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers'
jheriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 15:39   #39
Yathosho
Forum King

i'm glad there's finally some feedback, as it helps me to track down bugs - that splash sound behaviour was indeed a bug, which i fixed this minute. new beta available now!
Old 3rd January 2007, 19:47   #40
heath28m

Cool..on it..

Thanks Yathosho...and you are in there too and Jheriko.. and I don't even know who else..

Oh and I just redid the Presets, and it works..with the splash screen!!

Still having a little issue with the directory .. I dunno what I could be doing wrong.. this is how I set up the folders

Desktop--

AVS---
( all possible avi's .bmp's )

Private Compilation 2006--
Private Compilation 2006--
( avs files )

and then I get an error log..

File: "avs\*.avs" -> no files found.
Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...] |
/oname=outfile one_file_only)
Error in script "C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\nsk228E.tmp\script.nsi" on line 223 -- aborting creation process

But it will still grab them from the first PC2006 dir and build the installer but when tested but the avs's go into the dir where the folder shoudl be..

So have I done something wrong..according to the log file it looks like the rror is actually coming from the NSIS that i had to install...

Last edited by heath28m; 3rd January 2007 at 20:25.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > AVS