Old 27th May 2007, 14:25   #1
emilles

Plug-in submission after site redesign

A little help please. I've had a new version of my plug-in submitted and waiting for review for two months now. Since the site redesign, there have been new developments and I'd like a little clarification as I am unsure if any of my unpublished submissions are even waiting for review anymore.

First off, previously hidden older submissions have reappeared under the Unpublished section of My Profile. Prior to the site redesign my Unpublished section held only one item, namely Remote Speakers output 2. Since the redesign, there are two additional items from past "mistakes", namely Remote Speakers outout v2 and Remote Speakers output.

I'd like to permanently delete Remote Speakers output as it was a mistake made way back when I was trying to submit my plug-in for the first time. However, Remote Speakers output v2 is the preferred name and I was happy to have the chance to reclaim it.

Which leads me to this: There are now single-letter annotations on the unpublished items (this may not be new, but I'd like some clarification on the meanings of the letters). Remote Speakers outout has a D, which I assume means deleted. Remote Speakers outout 2 has an N and Remote Speakers output v2 has a U. What do these two annotations mean? Do either indicate that the submission is still waiting for review? If so, why has it taken so long?

Lastly, some additional suggestions for the submission process:[list=1][*]In the description box on the plug-in submission form, is there any way to enter HTML or some other markup? I'd like to present a bulleted list and a hypertext link. However, the server seems to be stripping newlines and HTML tags.[*]Is there any chance of a preview page before having to click Submit? That would have saved me a number of mistakes/misconceptions about what the submission system was/is capable of.[*]How about a series of emails: one to confirm submission was received, one each week until item is published to indicate the approximate wait (queue depth?) for review, and one when item is accepted/rejected?[/list=1]

Remote Speakers Output Plug-In
Stream audio from Nullsoft Winamp to the Apple AirPort Express (aka AirTunes)
emilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 15:39   #2
Prowler7

Re: Plug-in submission after site redesign

Quote:
Originally posted by emilles

<snip>
If so, why has it taken so long?
<snip>
How about a series of emails: one to confirm submission was received, one each week until item is published to indicate the approximate wait (queue depth?) for review, and one when item is accepted/rejected?
In a thread elsewhere I was told there is nobody really handling plug-in reviews and publishing is offline due to the site changes, so the approximate wait time is infinite.
Prowler7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 16:47   #3
DrO

emilles: the system is broken so i'd ignore what your seeing (especially the older ones which were deleted - things seem to be pulling up anything that's in the database and not what's relevant like winamp3 components)

how long is a piece of a string is the best response to when/if it'll be working again. supposedly it'll be resolved but it seems to be neglected (again)

Prowler7: no one was/is doing it since they weren't able to make submissions get through correctly hence there was no point in even bothering to review something that'd get lost in the system.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 17:58   #4
emilles

Not the answer I was looking for, but thanks for the info anyway. Is there anything I can do to help? I am really hoping to get the new version of my plug-in published here as this site gets much greater exposure than my personal web site.

Remote Speakers Output Plug-In
Stream audio from Nullsoft Winamp to the Apple AirPort Express (aka AirTunes)
emilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2007, 18:57   #5
DrO

not that i'm aware of, it's in the todo list somewhere but as already said, it seems pretty much at the low end of things (haven't seen anything changed/fixed in a quick look). best to do is just sit it out, i'm in the same situation where they're offering up old builds of my plugins and i can't rectify the issue (especially annoying since it's a 2yrs+ step back in plugin functionality on a few of them)

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Site Design