Old 7th September 2007, 03:30   #1
Seeker

Signature

I just updated my profile to include a signature and checked to see that the option to view signatures was enabled, but when I posted a new thread, the signature was not visible. Is this something that I'm doing wrong, or is there some other problem?
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 03:31   #2
Seeker

Nevermind. It shows up now. I wonder why it didn't on the one before?
Old 7th September 2007, 04:59   #3
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Your signature violates the forum rules.
Quote:
Signature Size
- To keep the page loading time and visual annoyance factor down to a minimum, ensure your graphical signatures do not exceed a maximum of 12,500 pixels or 15 kilobytes file size, whichever is reached first. Alternatively, three lines of text can be used as a signature. Do not pad out your text lines with blanks lines. A line of text is defined such that it does not wrap when viewed at a resolution of 640x480.

If these limits are exceeded then you may be contacted by a moderator requesting an amendmant to your signature. If none is made within a reasonable period of time, then a moderator may remove your signature from your profile.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 05:10   #4
Seeker

Curious...if they want to limit the size of text signatures, why don't they simply place an automatic limiting function where the signature is entered in the profile? I have no idea of how many lines would be displayed at that resolution ResChanger doesn't even go that low on settings.
With only three lines of text, they might as well do away with signatures altogether. The only reason that I set it at all, is because of a forum thread asking for the moon on information for questions posted.

I will simply delete the signature myself, and if anyone needs to know anything to answer a question, they can ask.
Old 7th September 2007, 14:53   #5
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Quote:
Originally posted by Seeker
I have no idea of how many lines would be displayed at that resolution ResChanger doesn't even go that low on settings.
The width of the forum is locked, so to speak (hence the gray on each side) so 3 lines is 3 lines. The rule probably hasn't been updated in ages.

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2007, 15:02   #6
Seeker

No offense intended, but I was struck by the mixture in your post. Luigi-Italian, Hann-German and location-Japan. It sounds as though you would be right at home here in the USA.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Site Design