Old 6th August 2014, 13:20   #1
BernardoCR

Where to download sc_trans?

Where can I download sc_trans v2, since the links provided by nullsoft website are broken?

I can't download it from http://www.shoutcast2.com/sc_trans-2-beta-6-download/.

Please, help. Needs to be sc_trans v2.

Thank you.
BernardoCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 13:26   #2
DrO

you wouldn't want to use that version from that other site anyway, that's even older and buggier than what we had previously provided from 2011.

i'm sure you have your reasons, but you really need to consider looking at alternatives to sc_trans as using something that was only ever a beta product and no one supports (especially with the issues it has) is just not a sensible thing to do for any stream setup.

[edit]
and there was really no need to post the same question in the DNAS release thread (which is not related to sc_trans anyway).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 13:31   #3
BernardoCR

Actually I'm looking for this:

Quote:
SHOUTcast DNAS v2 with sc_trans v2

Yes, this is natively supported by DNAS2/sctrans2. Your live DJs actually connect directly to sc_trans v2 (instead of to the SHOUTcast DNAS v2 server) and when sc_trans v2 detects a live source connection, it stops performing its autoDJ duties and just passes the live source through to the SHOUTcast DNAS v2 server.

This is all seamless for the DJ and listeners if you use the instructions on the Quick Links page for connecting with a live source.
I think there's no way to do it with sc_serv v1. Is there any way to do it with anyother software?

Thank you.
Old 6th August 2014, 13:36   #4
DrO

when sc_trans was available, you could use it in that manner with the v1.x DNAS, but a number of features were not enabled and it generally worked better when run with the supported v2.x DNAS (as the v1.x DNAS also isn't officially supported either).

with liquidsoap (which is a pain to setup but is a lot more flexible) you can achieve more than what sc_trans could provide, otherwise there are other autodj solutions which may have the live-dj support. but most things seem to be going towards liquidsoap for such functionality anyway, that it might be best to look into some solution based around that.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 15:48   #5
Colin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardoCR View Post
Where can I download sc_trans v2, since the links provided by nullsoft website are broken?
<moderation>
links removed - we cannot have working links publically posted on here
</moderation>
Colin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2014, 21:50   #6
Bryon Stout

www.google.com has a bunch
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 14:37   #7
BernardoCR

Thank you.

I tried to install liquidsoap on freebsd (tried ports, but links were broken, and tried with the source file, but some dependencies couldn't be installed - I have major problem installing jack audio), but had no success.

I ended up installing icecast2 and ices0 to play autodj and live stream (switching automatically between them).

I just have to find a control center for it. I know there is centova, but I was looking for a free script that I could install in my web server. Do you know any of that?

I found it for sc_serv, but not for icecast.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions