Old 27th March 2005, 05:42   #1
piracyking

winamp javascript for website

I don't really know if this would be the right spot for this question, if not mods can move it if needed!

I'm working on a website, and I was wondering if WinAmp comes in javascript to be placed on my website? If so, where can I get it at?

The script would needs to have buttons to play the next song or previous song!

I looked around and didn't find anything, I even searched for javascript player and didn't find anything relavent to what I need!

Check out my site at http://piracy.wahck.net
It has a media player, but it repeats the same song, unless the page is refreshed!
piracyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2005, 07:36   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
You can't actually embed Winamp itself, but here are some things you can try...
  1. Winamp "clone" javascript - some people mistake it for java but it's not. It's Javascript. Totally different language. Will not work in any browser except for Internet Explorer, and then in older versions only. Fails with IE version 6 and above. Will only play one song at a time, like you have now. But looks just like the Winamp player (uses Winamp skin images from a classic skin .wsz file).
  2. jlGui player Applet (Winamp Clone) - this is not javascript. It is an actual java applet but its Control Panel is javascript. Requires that java is enabled in the site visitor's browser in order to work. This applet is not limited to one song, as #1 above, and will play multiple songs/ tracks/ playlists. Limitation/ drawback: its Control Panel only works in the Internet Explorer browser.
  3. My recommendation and what I use extensively throughout my site...
  • Refer to my article on How to stream music or audio from your website, using Media Player object and embed controls (for cross-browser compatability)
  • Unlike #1 and #2 above, this cross-browser script will work perfectly and display and behave identically in all major browsers (eg: MSIE, Netscape/Mozilla, and Opera browsers)
  • Refer to the Multiple Track Stream Example I created, which also uses the object-n-embed code in the above article, in combination with a playlist menu in an iframe, where you can also choose and select from any individual track, in addition to streaming the entire playlist at once
  • This object-n-embed coding embeds player controls on a web page that contains buttons to play the next or previous song (as you had asked for above), and if using a multiple track/song playlist, it also has the ability to skip forward to the next track, as well as the ability to play short "clips" of each song/track.

* But not a Winamp Tech Support question so moving now to the Winamp Discussion forum

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2005, 05:31   #3
piracyking

Thanks for your help. I will use one of them! LOL
piracyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion