Old 4th May 2005, 00:33   #1
Kalphegor

Send a message via Yahoo to Kalphegor
Winamp 5.09 released

Changelog:
* New: By popular demand all "hTtP force to 'Now Playing'" support has been removed
* New: Deletes in the Media Library now move files to the Recycle Bin
* New: WMA Playback now works with WaveOut plugin
* New: NSV Subtitles can be disabled on the fly
* Fixed: Authentication for OGG/Vorbis streams
* Fixed: Drag and Drop strange behavior in open file dialogs
* Fixed: Stuttering WMA On Start and Seek
* Fixed: NSV Video stall during buffering
* Fixed: Autosize of video to be accurate to the Video size not snap size
* Fixed: Short NSV Clips audio cutout
* Update: CD Ripping Library
* Update: Online Media tree is now dynamic (More free videos on the way!)
* Update: Sonic Install / Config flag mismatch

Download here:
Winamp 5.09 - Full + EMusic Bundle
Winamp 5.09 - Lite
Winamp 5.09 - Pro (Requires A Valid User Key)
Winamp 5.09 - Silvertide+EMusic (Basic) Bundle

What files are updated in the 5.09 build:
out_ds now v2.2.12 (was 2.2.11)
out_wave now v2.03 (was 2.02a)
in_wm now v2.06 (was 2.04)
in_vorbis now 1.40 (was 1.35)
in_mp3 now v3.09 (was 3.08)
in_cdda now v3.05 (was 3.03)
in_nsv now v1.05 (was 1.04)
more (see DJ Egg's posts below for details)

Important
Due to updates in the Sonic Engine, a reboot is required if installing "Sonic Ripping/Burning Support" (see Installer Options for details).

Revised builds - 05/05/2005
Fixed some bugs (see notes in DJ Egg's posts below)
More fixes to come for 5.091
Please Read This First before upgrading or posting here!

old 5.08e/5.08d/wma-input-v2.03 sticky

Revised 8th May 2005 - DJ Egg
Kalphegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 01:01   #2
Hexlord

You are slow, but cheers
Hexlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 01:40   #3
amano
Major Dude

Great that our baby is alive and kicking. Who will stickify this thread and unstickify the old one?

Strange that the full installer can't be downloaded.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 01:48   #4
in_fade

Quote:
Originally posted by amano
Strange that the full installer can't be downloaded.
that's because ATM only the bundled versions are available. hope there will be a 'normal' full install ITF.
in_fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 04:51   #5
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
I really don't see a reason to upgrade. I don't use WMA, I don't use the online streaming and I don't use the CD ripping junk. Maybe the out_ds will convince me if there is any improvement at all. :P
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 04:55   #6
ivand67

The big reason for upgrading is that apparently, the insignificant yet annoying video window problems have now been fixed (hopefully).

So "here we go 5.09, here we go!"
ivand67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 05:30   #7
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Last edited by Wildrose-Wally; 4th May 2005 at 05:58.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 05:57   #8
iron2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Omega X
I really don't see a reason to upgrade. I don't use WMA, I don't use the online streaming and I don't use the CD ripping junk. Maybe the out_ds will convince me if there is any improvement at all. :P
I feel exactly the same as you.
Only the out_ds interests me.

Thanx
iron2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 06:34   #9
STanger

Send a message via AIM to STanger Send a message via Yahoo to STanger
this still sounds nice tho ... at least we all know that Winamp development is still progressing

What I would like to know is when the new devs are gonna post here to say !!HI!!
STanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 11:48   #10
amano
Major Dude

Hmm. Who knows the new developers?

Is tag still the project leader?

Is it just me, but winamp tries to connect to the internet each time I start it up. I diabled any usage reports, I disabled any cheecking for updates. Or is that only common to the emusic bundle?

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 4th May 2005, 12:49   #11
squall14716

Send a message via ICQ to squall14716 Send a message via AIM to squall14716 Send a message via Yahoo to squall14716
Only the eMusic bundle? Not upgrading.
squall14716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 13:04   #12
siebe83
Forum King

Because it's so hard to uncheck it in the installer?

* Fixed: Autosize of video to be accurate to the Video size not snap size

Which means the 'Enable smooth window resizing' option (under 'Classic Skins') is now just ignored for the Video window (i.e. always enabled). Oh well, I actually like it this way
[edit]
Mmh, the autoresizing also improved in the Modern Skin. Not sure what 'snap size' would mean in that context though.

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 13:17   #13
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by amano
Is it just me, but winamp tries to connect to the internet each time I start it up. I diabled any usage reports, I disabled any cheecking for updates. Or is that only common to the emusic bundle?
It does it for me too (tries to connect to a dns server), even after I selected 'Not connected', and I didn't install the emusic stuff.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 14:32   #14
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yup, it's trying to connect to your ISP's DNS (domain name server) at every startup. Not sure why though, but it's something to do with the media library (doesn't happen after disabling gen_ml.dll). And as you said, it still happens even after disabling ALL online/internet features & options in the prefs. I've sent in a query to see if I can find out more...

And alas, there's not going to be a plain winamp509_full.exe this time, for reasons that aren't for me to say, but afaik it'll be back for 5.10 - so you'll just have to go for one of pro or bundle instead this time, and remember to uncheck whatever you don't require in the installer options.

Also note that in addition to out_ds, in_wm, and in_vorbis, there's also been changes to gen_ml, in_nsv, in_cdda, in_dshow... though the version numbers have stayed the same (probably because someone forgot to up them, heh).
DJ Egg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 15:25   #15
doublekai

Send a message via ICQ to doublekai
concerning the "i won't need it" view. have the wma "problems" been solved? i'm not sure if "WMA Playback now works with WaveOut plugin" means that wma playback is as it was is 5. would someone be so kind and explain what the inconveniences and the advantages are?
doublekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 15:37   #16
siebe83
Forum King

The differences concercing playback of WMA files between 5.08d and 5.09 are pretty much the same as the differences between 5.08d and 5.08e.

5.08d:
WMA files will play with any output plugin selected, but DRM-protected WMA files will not work at all.

5.08e:
All WMA files will play (including DRM-protected WMA files), but only when DirectSound output is selected as output plugin.

5.09:
All WMA files will play (including DRM-protected WMA files), but only when DirectSound output or waveOut output is selected as output plugin.

More info on why and how:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=208529

Old 4th May 2005, 16:20   #17
amano
Major Dude

I have to stay with 5.08e now since the internet issue gives me grieve.

If my firewall refuses winamp to access the internet, winamp will start up sooo slow. A PITA.

And my firewall is set up to prevent any internet access, until explicitely allowed. That prevents me from having fast media access...

And where did the option go to open the ML with the lightnin g bolt in classic skins. It doesn't work anymore and I didn't find the setting to bring back this behaviour...

8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
Old 4th May 2005, 16:55   #18
siebe83
Forum King

Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Media Library > tab Library Options > click 'Modify Settings' button > 'Main Window lightning bolt opens Media Library instead of About Box'

Works for me... (unless you have another plugin which tries to do the same? eg. NxS Thinger, or Dynamic Library)

As for the internet access, I think that it has to do with this:
* Update: Online Media tree is now dynamic (More free videos on the way!)

Winamp probably tries to gain info on the available 'online media' in the Media Library (i.e. Internet Radio, TV, Winamp.com), which is probably built-in support for extra Online Media tabs in the future.
The slow startup when you deny Winamp internet access annoys me as well...

Old 4th May 2005, 16:59   #19
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

The reason why it's trying to access the internet on startup is because it's checking winamp.com for more Online Media channels, which will be coming soon. There'll be an option in 5.09a to disable the check.

@amano
That option's got nothing to do with 5.09
It was moved to:
Prefs > Media Library > Library Options tab > Advanced Library Prefs > Modify Settings
back in around v5.05

[Edit] Aah, siebe83 beat me to it, heh [/Edit]
Old 4th May 2005, 17:29   #20
Kalphegor

Send a message via Yahoo to Kalphegor
Thanks for the info DJ Egg!
What other things (fixes/options) will have Winamp 5.09a?

Now we will waiting for more Online Media channels from winamp.com ...
Kalphegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 18:21   #21
STanger

if it's constantly gonna connect to the Intarwebnet everytime I run it ..then why not wait til all the new media stuff was ready?

If anyone has a monthly bandwidth cap with Winamp connecting at startup it's all gonna add up
Old 4th May 2005, 21:59   #22
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Quote:
Originally posted by STanger
if it's constantly gonna connect to the Intarwebnet everytime I run it ..then why not wait til all the new media stuff was ready?

If anyone has a monthly bandwidth cap with Winamp connecting at startup it's all gonna add up
Use your firewall to block it like I do.

Also, why should people HAVE to download the eMusic crap when they WON'T use it? I don't care what kind of marketing tactics that they choose to want or NEED but crap is crap. Winamp is going the way of RealNetworks and that is a bad thing. There is more spycrap and unwanted mess in Realplayer installs nowdays to clog any computer up that dosen't have a dualcore proc.

They should do all of us a favor and SAVE everyone some bandwidth by NOT including the eMusic junk.

@amano

They had a very good team of the ORIGINAL Nullsoft team. SO they got rid of them for political reasons. Now, Winamp is on the slow train to HELL. The eMusic junk is the first step in the wrong direction. Next thing you know, AIM will be included. Then the barebones version of AOL craptastic internet software. Sounds outlandish? Maybe, but this IS AOL that we are talking about.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 22:28   #23
UltraZelda64

I don't think you're forced to download that Emusic crap... not yet anyway. From what I can tell, it's still set up so you have to download a bundle that includes it... I haven't noticed it in the full/pro installs. And it better stay that way... or I might just save a copy of WA5.08 to use from now on.
UltraZelda64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2005, 22:51   #24
STanger

and something else that I have noticed that I really really don't like.

in XP SP2, Winamp somehow seems to bypass Windows Firewall without popping up with the "Unblock ..Block or Ask Later" dialog when I connect to listen to the internet radio stations.

I do have that ability when using ML_WWW but other then that I don't, and if it's connecting at startup I think this is a potential problem

<edit>Why not get radio channel info when you click the "Internet Radio" tab in the ML like it's always been</edit>
Old 5th May 2005, 01:40   #25
PatrickNeil

Something that changed that I don't like. I can't drag files onto the media library and have them be added to the media library. I drag them on, and nothing happens. I add new files to the library most every day, and this was much nicer than having it rescan the watch folders all the time, which takes a few minutes, especially since I know what file has changed. Bring this functionality back and I'll upgrade.

Patrick

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Thanks. Reported and fixed in latest build
PatrickNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 02:20   #26
STanger

Quote:
Originally posted by UltraZelda64
I don't think you're forced to download that Emusic crap... not yet anyway. From what I can tell, it's still set up so you have to download a bundle that includes it... I haven't noticed it in the full/pro installs. And it better stay that way... or I might just save a copy of WA5.08 to use from now on.
You can still uncheck the emusic crap in the installer as the last step before you actually install 5.09 ... That's what I had to do in the full installer
Old 5th May 2005, 02:32   #27
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

So... have you people actually got anything positive to say? Or are you just the types who always have to find something to moan about?

I already explained about the emusic bundle. It's optional, it's not spyware, it's legit. If you don't want it, uncheck it in the installer options. I'm not at liberty to divulge any more information than I have already, but please stop speculating (ie. making false assumptions without providing any solid evidence to backup your claims - because such evidence does NOT exist anyway).
winamp_full.exe will return in 5.10, because that's just the way that it is (I've already said too much, heh).

I also already explained about the new dynamic Online Media checker being the reason why Winamp needs to connect at startup, and that there'll be an option to disable it in 5.09a.

And what's with all this talk of blocking Winamp with firewalls anyway? Why? Do you not trust Winamp or something? Do you not use ANY of the online features (cddb, internet tv/radio, winamp.com music/video, Now Playing, Info Viewer, etc etc)? Do you never play any streams through Winamp?

@STanger
Windows XP SP2 Firewall only provides very basic protection and, to be honest, is pretty crap. Do not rely on it. Get a proper firewall (Zone Alarm, Sygate, Kerio, etc)

@OmegaX
Sorry, but your entire post was a crock of shit

Please note that, as of writing, 5.09 is still unofficial :/

And now for some more useful (undocumented) information:

5.09 plugin changes:

gen_ml
- support for "dynamic" content (i.e. it goes to winamp.com and downloads a list)
- fixed some UI bugs, like the hidden-genre-dropdown (where you could tab over and change it even though you couldn't see it)
- fixed drag+drop from explorer folders (5.09 pre-release)

in_nsv
- fixed the audio stuttering problem during very short clips
- subtitle on/off in config option
- fixed a potential thread deadlock on stop

in_cdda
- recompiled to use new version of Sonic library

in_dshow
- minor changes, just bug fixes and optimizations - no new features
- fixed freeze/crash with fullscreen video seeking (5.09 pre-release)

also a number of dll's were optimized to improve loading time.

Milkdrop Source Code released
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=214971
Old 5th May 2005, 04:58   #28
ivand67

Apparently I have to post in this thread because my thread is being ignored by most people.

When in_dshow is being used and when in full-screen mode, Winamp 5.09 crashes when I click on the progress bar to change the position of the video. During playback only, I believe.

More details here
ivand67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 05:51   #29
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Yes, and please take another look at your thread, thanks
Old 5th May 2005, 12:32   #30
NJK
FRISIAN

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
So... have you people actually got anything positive to say? Or are you just the types who always have to find something to moan about?
what moaning is there to do??

damn those who do that, it's a free player with more features than any other player has.
It works like a charme and I never had any issue with the player what so ever. ( by keeping up with the sticky threads)

those who do moan about this should try Sonique player (hasn't been updated for over 5 years) that would give them a reason to nag about problems.
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 13:00   #31
Dude2222

Quote:
Originally posted by spaceplay
those who do moan about this should try Sonique player (hasn't been updated for over 5 years) that would give them a reason to nag about problems.
or AOL's other free player

Dude2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 13:20   #32
siebe83
Forum King

As Tag announced here, Benski has fixed the issue with seeking a video while in full-screen mode, and the drag-n-drop issue with ML.

The 5.09 installers on the server have been replaced, so you'll need to re-download the installer to get these fixes.

Version number, changelog and download links have stayed the same.

Old 5th May 2005, 16:19   #33
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Made thread sticky
Edited first post a bit
Unstuck old 5.08e thread (link in first post)
5.09 is now official
Old 5th May 2005, 17:09   #34
d3x7r0

Send a message via Skype™ to d3x7r0
Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
Made thread sticky
Edited first post a bit
Unstuck old 5.08e thread (link in first post)
5.09 is now official
no full, just bundle?

NOTE: I am Dextro!
d3x7r0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 17:12   #35
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
why is there no option to not install the eMusic thing?

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 17:22   #36
gaekwad2
Foorum King

There is, in the installer page with start menu group, desktop icons, file associations etc.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 17:26   #37
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quote:
Originally posted by deeder7001
why is there no option to not install the eMusic thing?
What are you talking about? You have that option. Just UNcheck it...

Quote:
Originally posted by d3x7r0
no full, just bundle?
UNcheck eMusic as shown above and you have FULL without the eMusic crap.

Why can't anybody understand this???
Egg already explained it all above.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 17:46   #38
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
i'm kinda slow this morning.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2005, 17:47   #39
d3x7r0

hum... is this what I think it is?

Old 5th May 2005, 17:49   #40
d3x7r0

damm it didn't upload
Attached Images
File Type: png dro.png (63.6 KB, 915 views)

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion