Old 17th January 2006, 04:01   #1
ice_nine

Playlist won't play my tracks in order...

I wonder if I messed something up. i have 2 screen shots of 1)the playlist with the four tracks i listen most to (you'll understand once you see them) and the order it seems to ALWAYS want to play them in...and 2)the id3 tag screen off one of the four files.

i use winamp to play the four one-hour tracks i download off of the coast to coast am radio streamlink show. maybe you'll think me flaky for this, but...that's neither here nor there. the four mp3 files seem to have the same filenames all the time except for their dates, and yet...if i select them from my hard drive...starting from track one and holding down shift to select the other 3...then it places them in the playlist in a weird order to begin with. THen i hit play and track forward...it's never track 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. That's ok, i figured i might have to hit sort, by filename...or title...either or should work...
NO! haha, it doesn't. they seem to be stuck playing in the order that is shown in my playlist...i have to now place them in this order. ok, so...what's the big deal you may ask..none, just that it's weird + i haven't memorized the play pattern yet...(cuz im too dumb to memorize a four pattern!!!)

any idea why this happens tho??
SOoooo weird...

TIA: Larry
ice_nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support