Old 12th May 2010, 14:29   #1
edcxdr
Banned

It is a time to change default Winamp icon to this.

Hi.
It is a time to change default Winamp icon to this: [URL=http://img268.imageshack.us/i/winampicon.png/]
edcxdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 10:54   #2
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
No, I don't think so...
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 22:21   #3
DrO

it's not that difficult to change it manually with the options provided via the File Types prefs page and using the 'Enable 'File Types' preferences page additions' option from Preferences -> Jump to File -> Extras to specify custom file and playlist icons (individual icons per file is planned for a later time). Only issue is that you need to run Winamp as an administrator for the settings to work currently or wait for the next client to be released which resolves that issue.

simple really when you know what there is available to do things just like that

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 10:09   #4
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
I think he actually just meant the Winamp desktop shortcut icon and the program's main icon. (Which can be changed by editing the shortcut's properties, standard Windows way.)

But it is not planned to change this, no. And the Logo/Icon looks great right the way it is.
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 10:26   #5
DrO

as there is ambiguity over what is being asked for (and no reply back) we'll just have to keep guessing, heh. and the jtfe feature will be more advanced for the next client release with whole icon packs supported (as long as input plugin support the %family% tag)

-daz
Old 25th June 2010, 18:45   #6
mikeloeven

i am guessing you probibly run vista which lacks the file types menu. there is a registry hack to change the icon you can try googling it but i am not telling you on the forum for liability reasions. just search changing program icons in vista + "registry hack"
mikeloeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 19:03   #7
DrO

icon packs will be a feature of the next client release (no eta) so hacking the registry won't be required though as the original poster hasn't come back to clarify things it's a bit moot really.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist