Old 26th April 2010, 20:16   #1
joshms123

auto DJ shoutcast server

Hello peeple, i am new, will any tell me any free website that will giv: free auto DJ at leest 100 mb and a server shoutcast, at leest 30 listeners at 128 kbps? you see, i dont have a bank so i carnt pay. any peeple no any such site? fanks if any one will help me.
joshms123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 18:07   #2
joshms123

o yes, i dont mined if they are sepret but i just mostly need a free auto DJ i have a server but i would like a better shoutcast server because the one i am using dus not list you in the
Old 30th April 2010, 00:19   #3
fc*uk

in the SHOUTcast world next to nothing is given away for free and, if it is, the service sucks or folds within days.

The bottom line here is bandwidth costs money, so if you want something good you need to pay for it.

Check out www.radiotoolbox.com/hosts for a list of reliable hosts.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2010, 15:07   #4
joshms123

how am i spost to pay when i dont have a bank? need a free one.
Old 30th April 2010, 15:23   #5
joshms123

by the way, mostly i need a free auto DJ, is there any way i could host it my selth on my web host? my webhost is ******.com i could use dropbox to host the songs, but rilly i need one hosted not on my server.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:36   #6
joshms123

By the way, i have a shoutcast server hosted for free at http://freestreamhosting.org, all i need is a auto DJ server because i carnt leev my computer on 247. it needs to be free because i dont have a bank and yes i can host it my selth i have a 2 gb free host unlimited trafik whitch i could put my music on all i need to no is how to host the auto DJ server fanks if you help me.
Old 9th June 2010, 19:24   #7
joshms123

do any one post back on this forum
Old 10th June 2010, 20:42   #8
cuddles71

Yes, you've been answered by fcuk, and now me. Your webhost most likely won't let you host a shoutcast server. Myself, my autoDJ runs on a server here at my house (dedicated DSL line just for it), and my live DJs connect to it. But that costs about $50 a month. There's no free option to do it, sorry.
cuddles71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 21:43   #9
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Send a message via Skype™ to Brutish Sailor
Joshms123, I would hit up Criegs list for your local region. There is webhost that are in the low budget range looking to make trade for various task like tech support.

Or put up an add on Criegs list," No money, Will work for web hosting and bandwidth"

KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego
Brutish Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2010, 21:50   #10
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

OH! and maybe you should think about siding with a radio streamer that already has this established. Like being a DJ on a show already out there. If your this motivated for a solution, I'll take you on as a DJ, provided you stop spamming the forums(I should take my own advice).

Old 16th June 2010, 19:38   #11
joshms123

hello, yes sorry about that but i do have a site, it is faling to get djs to sine up to be a dj. and is losing listeners because so far i have 2 djs no auto dj which was hoping to get for free but sinns i dont have fule internet time i carnt do that my mate is trying but not going well do you no how to get more listeners and djs to my site. note i dont have a bank online so carnt pay for ads. or if lucky some one mite tell me if there is a free auto dj out there i have bin told there one but he lost the name of the site. thanks
Old 18th June 2010, 01:53   #12
Brutish Sailor
Major Dude

Awesome- But I believe the calculations for syndication are a little off.

1 guy financially stable for SC server with web site > 2 guys with no SC server and website

Old 18th June 2010, 03:05   #13
cuddles71

Best advertisement for DJs and Listeners: Word of Mouth.
Old 18th June 2010, 03:27   #14
fc*uk

As a dj myself .... I really hate playing online.

The reason: plain and simple; can't read what the crowd is into.
Old 18th June 2010, 04:24   #15
cuddles71

Strangely, I've not had that problem. Of course, our station is based on the MMO City of Heroes, so the listeners are right there.
Old 26th June 2010, 16:13   #16
joshms123

what do you meen Word of Mouth
Old 6th July 2010, 20:33   #17
joshms123

any for other things how do you go fm and is there any to get at leest 100mb of auto spase or can any one offer it.
Old 9th July 2010, 16:27   #18
cuddles71

I mean let people know about your station. Spread the word about it.
Old 10th July 2010, 02:12   #19
kdh

Send a message via AIM to kdh
Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
As a dj myself .... I really hate playing online.

The reason: plain and simple; can't read what the crowd is into.
if you have a chatbox or a webforum to go along with your show.. the internets will tell you if you are doing well or not. The default way is to check your listener count. If you got 50 people tuned in, and then you dont 5 minutes into your set and you only got 2.. you just cleared the virtual dance floor. haha... if you start with 2 people tuned in, and by the end of your set, you got 50 people tuned in.. well.. your reading the crowd just fine.
kdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:08   #20
stream101

Not free but reasonably priced. Due to our company growing in size, we were able to acquire another small private SHOUTcast company allowing us to lower our prices even more. Our SHOUTcast services have been cut by up to 40%. By purchasing this small company, we were able to save more money on bandwidth costs, and we are passing it along to you! Check it out now: www.stream101.com

Stream101 - Affordable Media Solutions
Web Hosting | SHOUTcast Hosting | ICEcast Hosting | Free Mobile Streaming App
(877) 240-7767 - http://www.stream101.com || 100% Cogent Free Network - We Use Tier 1 Bandwidth Only
stream101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 03:18   #21
Largo05

Quote:
Originally Posted by stream101 View Post
Not free but reasonably priced. Due to our company growing in size, we were able to acquire another small private SHOUTcast company allowing us to lower our prices even more. Our SHOUTcast services have been cut by up to 40%. By purchasing this small company, we were able to save more money on bandwidth costs, and we are passing it along to you! Check it out now: www.stream101.com
That's wonderful advertising but even with those prices, i'd still say it's cheaper to rent a vps that you could run the shoutcast server off of and do the auto dj yourself it's what i do and it seems to work well for me. I would suggest that if anyone needs auto dj they should look at getting a linux vps and possibly cast-control lite for 5 bucks or doing the playlist file way with sc_trans.
Largo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 04:39   #22
stream101

You could, but then you do not have the managed support (unless you pay for it) and you cannot have multiple streams setup without some knowledge of Linux.

That is why you 'hire' a company such as ours to do the work for you.

(877) 240-7767 - http://www.stream101.com || 100% Cogent Free Network - We Use Tier 1 Bandwidth Only
Old 14th July 2010, 12:23   #23
Largo05

Linux isn't that hard to learn especially the Debian or Ubuntu flavor distributions.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:41   #24
stream101

No, and that is the great thing about linux. However, if you do not want to learn it, don't have the funds to get one, and dont want to pay for a control panel license each month, then that is what companies that provide streaming are for!

For example, someone wants 24kbps - 50 listeners. There is absolutely no point in purchasing a server/vps for themselves. Your savings really start when you need a high number of listeners and a high bitrate.

However, my advice for people is to stay away from Cogent Bandwidth. We've eliminated their use because a lot of ISP's have stopped their peer networks from directly using their bandwidth, and you get routed around a lot. That and the reliability is not that great.

Old 14th July 2010, 16:59   #25
Largo05

cast control lite is only a one time 5 dollar purchase not a monthly purchase though you can only run 3 servers with auto dj, but eh it's a better alternative to do it yourself then having to pay high prices for one shoutcast server. And realistically the only way someone is EVER going to buy 24kbps is if they use AAC+ as 24kbps is absolute crap quality for mp3 and if you're going to use mp3 you really don't wanna go lower than 128kbps as that's best bitrate for streaming.
Old 14th July 2010, 21:20   #26
voodoohippie

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoohippie
MakeAVoice is really cheap and works really well. I got 40 listener slots and UNLIMITED Upload for AutoDJ for $8.75/Month. But it sometimes repeats a lot. I ONLY use it when storms are brewing here and can't broadcast Live.

You want GREAT AutoDJ you may want to put some money into your station and get Loudcaster (soon to go Public). If you want to stay Legal they have all the licensing included and you don't have to try and calculate ATH or anything else. You get a whopping 10 Gigs of AutoDJ (more than most stream hosts) plus you can schedule how often to repeat Artists/The same Album/Song.

If you love real Album Rock check out The Legacy on Loudcaster

thelegacyrocks.tk

Great Broadcasting Software Windows XP/7/8
http://nextkast.com

For Progressive Rock, Classic Rock http://thelegacy.shorturl.com
voodoohippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 21:46   #27
stream101

What control panel does makeavoice use? That doesnt sound right, it should repeat unless you have very few songs in there. A good control panel should have some "rotation rules."

Old 15th July 2010, 22:17   #28
voodoohippie

Send a message via Yahoo to voodoohippie
They use a proprietary control panel. I have 400 songs in there and there control panel does not allow you to schedule how often to not repeat songs. You can schedule an Ad or station ID, but you can't control how often to not repeat. Its sort of Winamp with a jingle/ID scheduler and a shuffle button that is it. So my advice is use only when YOU HAVE TO Storms, computer maintenance(Defrag,Updating codecs,Software). Don't depend on their AutoDJ for long periods of time. Plus if you have a band like 38 special, 3 doors down, 707 you should spell the band as it will count is as play 38 special as the 38th song and repeat it every hour. Like I said its lame, but their storage is great. I'd use it as a back up if nothing else as you can Download from MakeAvoice if your HDD fails and this way you have UNLIMITED storage for only $8.75/Mo for 40 listeners.

I still Highly recommend Loudcaster. Its expensive, but will make your station a pro station and available on many platforms. Wait for the beta to end really soon man. Use MakeAVoice as a back up when Loudcaster fails.

If you can subscribe to a server that allows you to upload .pls files you should upload your .pls file and when you need to edit it use notepad and edit it. This way if your in Itunes you don't have to E-Mail them when your server fails. You could temporary use a free service like radio.ipip.cz (use google to translate) and just upload that info in your .pls file.

When your on Itunes you never ever want to be down and if your server provider fails be prepared to update that .pls file and your ratings will always be up. To stay legal you need to update swcast.net but that is super easy.

Hope this all helps.

For great Album Rock

http://thelegacyrocks.tk

Great Broadcasting Software Windows XP/7/8
http://nextkast.com

For Progressive Rock, Classic Rock http://thelegacy.shorturl.com
voodoohippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 01:55   #29
stream101

You could also use a reliable Auto-DJ program from a provider, such as ourselves, or streamsolutions, or any number of other companies!

Old 31st July 2010, 14:51   #30
joshms123

as i was saying i need one for free i can do a lot of auto dj in the day but i need it for at night so dont need that much sdorige it needs to be free bcause i was saying i am not planning to use my bank online because its not that safe so rilly it needs be free thanks joshms123
Old 1st August 2010, 13:24   #31
fc*uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdh View Post
if you have a chatbox or a webforum to go along with your show.. the internets will tell you if you are doing well or not. The default way is to check your listener count. If you got 50 people tuned in, and then you dont 5 minutes into your set and you only got 2.. you just cleared the virtual dance floor. haha... if you start with 2 people tuned in, and by the end of your set, you got 50 people tuned in.. well.. your reading the crowd just fine.
Ture, this would be a sure fire way to tell how you are doing ...

But it does not tell you if that track you dropped at 18 min caused the mood to die like a true dance floor would.

Sadly, I know this because I have done it. Right in the middle of a set, just started intentionally playing bad tracks just to see. Took a few before "the mass exodus"
Old 1st August 2010, 13:53   #32
stream101

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshms123 View Post
as i was saying i need one for free i can do a lot of auto dj in the day but i need it for at night so dont need that much sdorige it needs to be free bcause i was saying i am not planning to use my bank online because its not that safe so rilly it needs be free thanks joshms123
Well I need a new car and house, but I'm not getting those free. I'd be more leery of a car salesman or a realtor stealing my band information than a audio streaming host. Find one that is well established. Remember that you get what you pay for, you pay zero, don't expect much more than just that!

Old 18th August 2010, 21:01   #33
joshms123

as i was saying free but the thing is well i dont have a verry safe internet conation and i will never pay munny online not even throo a credit card if some one had the thing i am on about they would be happy to help me if i could get some one like that (not beeing meen) even if some one had some spase on ther websever they could help i would much apreesheeate it one more thing some one said that they would take me on as a dj but i allreddy have a radio. thanks any joshms123.
Old 31st August 2010, 14:05   #34
joshms123

i have found a auto dj for free, but i carnt use because i am blind and there site is not acsesseble
Old 10th October 2010, 12:18   #35
joshms123

any one no any other free auto dj server?
Old 1st November 2010, 00:51   #36
NounosSon

there isn't really a free auto dj server. However, if you want you can use winamp with the shoutcast dsp or you can use another broadcaster that works with shoutcast and broadcast music on your station.
NounosSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2010, 16:12   #37
joshms123

i have a limited internet conettion i go to bording college i herd of a auto dj server what is free, stream vairer or somthing like that, but i carnt use it with my sgreen reader jaws. i dont mined if the free auto dj server is at 32 kbps, or if i ownly have 100 mb. i just need somthing to keep my radio online i dont mined if the server is preelowed with music so i can use a incoder on it. thanks, josh.
Old 24th December 2010, 05:24   #38
ServerRoom

Check out http://www.radiotoolbox.com/hosts some of the SHOUTcast providers there do include AutoDJ with the purchase of a SHOUTcast Plan.
Having your stream broadcasted from a remote server will pay for itself. Keeping your computer on 24x7 will probably cost more in electricity than what you would pay for Auto Dj.
ServerRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 15:29   #39
joshms123

i have found a auto dj for free read this blog post by me the icecast part. thanks for all your help.
http://josh-s.cz.cc/index.php?/archi...g-servis!.html
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
auto dj, autodj, free, free shoutcast, server