Old 21st June 2010, 18:59   #1
Aaronstent

Help re: "classic view" has disappeared

SHOUTCAST'S "CLASSIC VIEW" PROFILE SEEMS TO HAVE DISAPPEARED
IS THERE AN ADMIN OR SOMEONE WHO CAN ADVISE WHO TO CONTACT TO HAVE IT RESTORED?

Can someone please offer advice as to who to contact at Shoutcast re: restoring the "Classic View" . When I log onto classic.shoutcast.com it takes me to the new page. When I click on the new page's link for "ClassicShoutcastRadio1.0" it also takes me back to the new page.

I don't have any great "nostalgia" for the old page, however, I could use it to access Shoutcast from my phone (a Treo 755p). The new Shoutcast just won't work on it.

Can anyone offer advice on who to contact? (Perhaps the site admins aren't aware that the "Classic" Shoutcast interface has disappeared).

Many thanks!
Aaronstent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 20:17   #2
DrO

this post is the answer it seems -> http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...10&postcount=2 so it'd be an intentional change...

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 21:34   #3
SC_faisal
SHOUTcast (Alumni)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
this post is the answer it seems -> http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...10&postcount=2 so it'd be an intentional change...

-daz

It is intentional. We had to sunset classic view in order to make room for the next updates coming soon. We ask you to please bare with us and give the new site that will launch ASAP a go. I personally think it rocks - and Im a hard man to please...

thanks for your patience!
f.
SC_faisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2010, 22:33   #4
Aaronstent

Appreciate, but can't access new shoutcast through phone

DEAR SHOUTCAST DEVELOPMENT TEAM:

Thank you for your reply to my post. I appreciate that you are doing new things with Shoutcast, however, I am currently UNABLE to access anything through my cellphone other than the CLASSIC shoutcast view.

Would it be possible for them just to keep a classic interface up for those of us that are unable to access the new interface through our cellphones/net devices?

Btw...I have been a loyal Shoutcast user through my PDA Treo cellphone for YEARS and have raved about it to all of my friends & turned many people onto it. It would be a shame for me if I had to now lose access after all these years.

Perhaps they could create a work-around for those of us who can't access the site.

Please let me know if there's anything that can be done--I'd love to be back on Shoutcast.

Many thanks!
Aaronstent is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
admin, broken link, classic view, support