Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets

Old 23rd May 2013, 14:34   #1
Roob

Outputting pictures at arbitrarily large resolution (for print)

Hi Milkdrop community!

I was wondering if anyone has grappled with outputting pictures at higher than their monitor's resolution. I've made some mash-ups that distort sprites nicely, and I want to save some stills and print posters or make a T-shirt. I'm looking for something on the order of 4000 x 5000 px. I want to print at around 100 to 300dpi. I don't care if it will grind everything to a slow crawl, I'm just looking for a single still.

How would I go about this? Is there some software that can make a virtual screen that I can then press Printscreen on? Will Milkdrop ever handle that, or will I be restricted to what my graphics card can maximally output?
Roob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2013, 17:51   #2
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
well, how good is your C++? If you're a little experienced with programming, Milkdrop just recently went open-source. It might be possible to setup a really large internal buffer texture and use that. Other than that i wouldn't know how to help, sorry.
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets

Tags
capture, output, photo, picture, record