Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 27th December 2014, 00:57   #1
franpa

Send a message via Yahoo to franpa
Can't adjust stereo separation for "Module Decoder" Plugin

I want to adjust the stereo separation for each tracker file format that this decoder supports, the first time I did this the process went smoothly and without issues. I initially adjusted the stereo separation for all that had it maxed, I lowered it 2 notches. Now I want to change it to something else after hearing the changes, however, it no longer seems capable of saving any changes I make!

I can adjust the slider but as soon as I either:
- re-click the same tracker in the list
- Click a different tracker in the list
- Click Okay

The setting change is undone and reverts to what I originally changed it to. Heck the Reset button suffers the same problem! Yes I'm running the program as an administrator and no, Winamp is not installed in to Program Files (It's installed in to C:\Winamp).
franpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2014, 21:00   #2
DrO

i've not tried (as in_mod as-is is no longer going to be provided as it will be changed to use openmpt) but if you need to change things, look in winamp.ini for the 'Nullsoft Module Decoder' section and try changing the pansep option (or just remove the section when Winamp is not running and see if that helps).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 01:50   #3
franpa

Send a message via Yahoo to franpa
C:\Users\%User%\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\winamp.ini

The text Nullsoft Module Decoder doesn't exist within the file, which is strange. How is it remembering what I originally changed it to the first time I configured it instead of defaulting to the official defaults?

Perhaps you're misremembering where the setting is stored? Or I'm looking in the wrong place for the file.

Edit: I'll give OpenMPT a look.
franpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 13:18   #4
DrO

that is the expected location unless you've customised the settings folder (via paths.ini) or via a custom command-line. alternatively it could just be that it's not saving it correctly at all (such as due to another input plug-in causing a crash on close as i know in_usf tends to do).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports