Old 6th February 2015, 01:50   #1
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Ressurection

Well, I am now in the process of now Resurrecting an old collaborative idea....

Though, of course; I am changing it...and have a pretty good idea of what I will have...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ressurection.png
Views:	330
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	51668  

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 04:39   #2
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Update Main close to what I want...though, I'm not fully agreeable to the visual area...we shall see.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	234
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	51674  

1001skins |
Old 14th February 2015, 15:18   #3
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I like the graphics of your classic skins, but I'm eager to see the WMC v4! Please release that one!!
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 04:05   #4
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

There are a few waiting for the next update to WMC; And I'm somewhat eager to finish it...though, with the changes coming...I'm a bit confused as to what exactly, I need to do. If there is unifying support finally for a simplistic approach to creating both modern/classic skins using the same skinning style...i.e. using {file}.png replacements in lieu of {file}.bmp to support classic skins with perhaps, a simple skin.xml file that tells the 'improved' skin engine to use a this new mode to render new classic skins would be awesome.

If it does, or somehow changes the skinning model to support other not yet foreseen options for classic then my little project becomes...somewhat unnecessary. As a standalone skin WMC 4 - while it is nice enough, is not what I'd say is revolutionary.

I am building upon my prior knowledge of skinning...creating a 'replace' this graphic with your graphic mentality, and allowing for various additional 'visual' enhancements by using graphics for the base and loading them if they exist.

I built a loader.m that will load the visual/object if the existence of a named graphic is in the package/folder (i.e. AnalogBackground.png | AnalogNeedle.png | AnalogHigh.png | AnalogLow.png); if they are there then we load the appropriate visualization option; otherwise it is a null object.

Again, all great and maybe this will pan out...but, I'm so unsure ... I haven't stepped into WMC 4...since that last screenshot of it. I will at some point for sure...but, have little taste for it since Radionomy and with no news...I don't want to misstep.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	231
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	51693  

1001skins |
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins