Old 19th June 2014, 16:51   #1
ChiggyChiggy

Option to just disable plugin, instead of removing

On most applications that allow third party plugins to work with them theres an option to disable a plugin instead of outright removing it, itd be really cool if the next Winamp had this feature!

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2014, 17:20   #2
DrO

time is the only thing preventing this being done (as it missed being done for 5.66x). and I agree its needed in some form primarily as a means to help with triaging issues in relation with the safe mode added in v5.64.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 09:28   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
hey, that's great. last time I brought this up and said you could combine it with user profiles it got, shall we say, an unwelcome response. I would really like to be able to tick on and off plugins, even if it meant restarting winamp, and even if user profiles weren't included at first.

being able to do this inside prefs is a really neat goal, glad to see its only a matter of time.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 09:35   #4
DrO

all that i'm planning to do would be done as a toggle option for the plug-ins page and a restart is required no matter what due to how most plug-ins work.
Old 25th June 2014, 09:39   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

that's cool, really looking forward to it. user profiles discussion can wait for some other time, well after the next release.

neat.

--
Old 25th June 2014, 09:42   #6
DrO

you can already do specific user profiles by loading Winamp with a specific config file. so it really doesn't need anything else being done other than what i aim to do as plug-in profiles as you're wanting gets too niche (especially when there is minimal 3rd party plug-in usage) and as it can be approximated with existing functionality, it's not worth my time to do more than what i intend to do.
Old 25th June 2014, 09:51   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

well, when I say user profiles, what I really mean is EVERYTHING, all the winamp prefs, not just plugins and their prefs/on or off, but all the various winamp settings and skins, vis, and so on of winamp. so one profile for say, maintaining a library, and another for say minimal skin UI, one for video, one for pure stereo, another for a complicated multichannel setup using 3rd party stuff, etc, the possibilities are endless.

but I agree u have much more to think about presently, I just wanted to clarify my suggestion is not niche to just plugins.

--
Old 25th June 2014, 09:55   #8
DrO

and you can effectively already do that as well via config file and config folder changes via the command-line. it's only controlling of plug-ins which is lacking from what you're wanting and a nice UI to handle things (which can be done as an external program anyway like the old profile programs did). so time you get coding me thinks...
Old 25th June 2014, 10:24   #9
MrSinatra
Forum King

ah, but DrO, I could never equal your elegance of efficient codery!

honestly, I have no talent for coding, none. I'm a power user at best. I have some knowledge of command line and cut my teeth on DOS, (the orig IBM PC), screwed around just a bit with batch files and basic, but real coding? no.

regardless of if u ever do it or not, it will have to wait until u do the plugin part, and for right now I'm content to wait for that. thanks.

--
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
disable, disable plugin, next version, plugins