Old 26th June 2011, 03:01   #1
srvestige

Plug ins not installing...

Well I am aware of 3rd Party policies for most companies but seeing as its a winamp file path that is either missing or screwed up in the installer I thought I should say something.

I am attempting to install the Enhancer. It downloads from the winamp.com website and is the enhancer.exe file.

After running it the it begins to install and then gives me this error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\\Plugins\dps_enh.dll cannot be found. Giving me three options to abort install, retry, or ignore that file.

I have done all three options of course the abort does nothing, the retry just gives me the same message a second later, and the ignore skips the file but winamp does not recognize anything has been installed in the preferences.

I am aware that there are two '\\' in the file path error I gave you. I believe it to be the problem but that leads me to believe its the installer that has the file path wrong....but going to the normal file path the file isn't there either.....

I have the latest version of Winamp, and have completely uninstalled (Using your FAQ) and reinstalled just in case.

I am running a Windows 7 machine with the windows completely updated. Winamp runs fine but I would love to be able to install plugins and skins which is one of the main reasons I have stuck with Winamp for so long.

Thanx for the help in advance.
srvestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 11:49   #2
DrO

what version of Enhancer are you trying to use as the original one's installer isn't right on modern OSes. however as you're using Windows 7, you really should be using http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/enhancer/ if you want to use it.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
install, install error, plugin, plugin install, plugins