Old 15th November 2004, 14:49   #1
TCPost

Playlist repair / fix function / plug-in

Is anyone aware of a standalone app, or WinAmp plug-in, that will detect missing links, search and correct items in a playist that has become broken due to files that have been moved about on the hard disc.
TCPost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 22:25   #2
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
boy wouldn't that be nice. I don't know of one though. I keep all my songs in one folder. True, its a huge mess if I want to add an album, but in the script i made to rip my cds i spent a week getting tagging to work right so I never have to worry about this again. Once in a while, i just go through my music folder, clean out anything that got saved in there by mistake (like a picture or something) and ctrl+a everything in the folder into my playlist and save. I called the playlist something that will be the last item in the list of files. (this is much easier on linux where filenames are listed alphabetically but are also case sensitive)

Messy? Yes. Works? Yes.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 23:56   #3
JonnyMac

Maybe one of the following plug-ins (in no particular order)...Unfortunately the plug-ins have not been met by good reviews when I have suggested them in the past. However this is the first time I have suggested On the DL. I have not tested the plug-ins.

Additional info...
"Auto - Update Filepath"
"changing the playlists location"

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 20:44   #4
o0Julia0o

I saw in options the highlight of missing playlist entries. Missing files can be highlited.
o0Julia0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist