Old 9th October 2000, 22:37   #1
batoruco

This is not my first skin, I've uploaded before. But this time I keep getting this message saying my file is not a valid skin file. The only different thing I did was to alter the size of the volume and balance bmps to avoid the buttons. Could this be tha reason why? If not, what could it be?
batoruco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2000, 22:53   #2
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Send a message via ICQ to Jayn Send a message via AIM to Jayn
No....altering the .bmp files wouldn't make it an invalid file type. We're supposed to alter them! Did you zip up all of your .bmp's, .cur's, and .txt's in your skin folder into a .zip file or a .wsz file?

------------------
Jayn
WSD Skins
Jayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2000, 00:26   #3
batoruco

Thanks for your answer, and please accept my apologies for my "stupid" thing message. It's just that sometime I get angry when some people suppose just out of prejudice that I don't know about computing. And yes, I did everything properly. Now maybe it's just that there's another skin with the same tittle. It's a shame. This is the first skin I work seriously on!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jayn:
No....altering the .bmp files wouldn't make it an invalid file type. We're supposed to alter them! Did you zip up all of your .bmp's, .cur's, and .txt's in your skin folder into a .zip file or a .wsz file?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 11th October 2000, 03:56   #4
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Apology accepted
And just so you know.....I am not a prejudiced person....and I don't even know you to know what type of computer skills you do or don't have.
Back to the problem......when you tried to submit....did you type in the actual file name of your skin, or did you click on the "browse" button to locate the skin in your files?
Also....if there was another skin already posted at Winamp by the same name as your skin, it would pop up an error message stating that there is already a skin in the Winamp database with that name and tell you to rename it and resubmit. So that is ruled out.
Let me know on the "Browse" button thing though.

Friends now?

------------------
Jayn
WSD Skins
Old 11th October 2000, 16:31   #5
batoruco

Friends for sure! Of course, I did eveything the right way, I located the file with the browse button, I double checked the address from beginning to end (with the end button). I tried this morning changing names (I had a similar problem before and the message saying there was another skin with that name did not appear, I changed the name and that solved the problem, pity I don't remember that message).
I agree with the other guy (don't remember the name) that everyone can live without my skins, and I surely can live without uploading, but this skin is my best so far, I paid attention to every detail and everything worked fine....sigh!
Old 11th October 2000, 16:35   #6
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

just a thought , u are not putting any odd characters in the skin name are you when you go to the submission screen?, u know the first line where u put the name, i've had ones rejected cos i've put stuff like "myamp_V1" or "MYAMP1.1" not sure it likes anything other than numbers and letters.

Just a thought.

Back to the day job
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2000, 21:22   #7
Jayn
Honorary Vixen
(Forum Queen)

Mr Jones...that's just what I'm beginning to wonder. I know stuff like blah_v1.1.wsz is acceptable as one of mine was called that...but I think you are absolutely right about it being "picky" on symbols and things.

Batoruco....if you don't mind me asking...what is the exact name of the file you are trying to submit?

------------------
Jayn
WSD Skins
Old 13th October 2000, 15:46   #8
batoruco

I've tried StillBlue, Still Blue, stillblue, Still Blue 4U, all with .wsz extension. Nothing so far, only frustration!
Old 13th October 2000, 16:27   #9
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I wasn't reffering to the acctual file name of the skin archive, more the field on the submission screen where you name the skin, its the first field, you have Name, Comment,description, 3 categorys, and then the acctual browse section for the skin archive.

I've had problems with character in the name part of the submission form, I usualy call my amps XXX_v1 and stuff like that, and out of habit I usualy try put that in the name field as well, if i do that causes the skin to be rejected for me.

Back to the day job
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins