Old 18th April 2002, 14:47   #1
JStormont

Post Blue Icons

I'm really not a fan of orange and changed Winamp 2.78/9 to blue icons, but the icon progs licence has run out. Want blue icons for Winamp 3, has anyone done this. Simply inverting the orange gives quite a nice blue!

Cheers,
J
Old 18th April 2002, 16:25   #2
Prodoc

I'm not sure but I think you mean the icon's for all the .mp3 files?
If you are using winamp 2.9 you can change the icons in the preferences in the file types section. you won't get the same symbol in in a different colour but you can choose a totally different icon if you want.
I'm not sure this feature is going to be included in winamp3 but I presume it will be (as like all the winamp2 features).
Old 18th April 2002, 23:33   #3
JStormont

No I mean changing the actual colour of the icons in Winamp.exe or Studio.exe in the case of Winamp3. Extracting them and inverting them to make them blue. Did this for Winamp agent to. Winamp icons appear blue in tray, taskbar, shortcut to program, etc... much much much better than orange!
Old 19th April 2002, 03:46   #4
Shikan.chi

Location: Utah->Seattle->Florida <-- I'll be choosing one of these shortly. Stay tuned.
Yea I think blue would be cool for Winamp3... not just cause blue is a cool color, but also it would help signify the change to "3.0". And besides everyone likes blue.
Old 19th April 2002, 12:17   #5
JStormont

Poll on this?

Maybe releasing Studio.exe to write over original with a few different colour icons?

blue (nicest colour)
green (the WinXP look)
grey (dull look)
purple (i'm trendy really)
black (umm goth look?)
red (its fire!)
pink (the barbie look... sure that'll be popular, !)
white (pure)
yellow (arrrghhh me eyes)
spots and stripes?
pics overlaid? sure the Americans would like American flag icons...

Cheers,
J
Old 20th April 2002, 20:09   #6
Scar Da Kookee
[Forum Pastry]

or make your own file that has these icons that you could load instead of studio.exe/winamp.exe

Needs more moo-cows.
Old 20th April 2002, 22:14   #7
JStormont

I would, but the 30 day trial ran out on the package I was using to change them. It isn't the easiest thing to do, took me hours to do the Winamp 2.78 ones the exe kept corrupting, which was annoying!
J
Old 21st April 2002, 10:21   #8
Shikan.chi

Location: Utah->Seattle->Florida <-- I'll be choosing one of these shortly. Stay tuned.
you could try .exe hacking it. And just swapping out the old icon for the new one you have. Just search fro ResHacker on Google. I think I might do that some time... probley when the final comes out. It might not work if Nullsoft compresses their exe's or if they block it some other way. anyway try it out and see if it works.
Old 21st April 2002, 17:50   #9
JStormont

It works just fine, apart from ResHacker isn't an icon editing program, it would not be easy to change the icons properly using this prog. You need something that can ideally edit all sub icons from a main icon and then swap the whole lot back into its position in the exe. It also needs to support transparencies...
J
Old 27th April 2002, 06:22   #10
Shikan.chi

I Know Reshacker isn't an Icon Editing Program... but it is the only way to "Fully" Change the icons in the Studio.exe file... so that they show up on the task bar, shortcuts and files etc...

If your looking for an "ideal" program for editing icons with transparencies and that other stuff than try GIF Movie Gear. Their is a tutorial on using it to make icons and stuff. You can use that program along with Photoshop and then make your icon file. Then just swap out the old Winamp Icon for the New one you made using Resource hacker (or other Dll Hacking progy).
Old 29th April 2002, 04:22   #11
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
i have made some wa3 icons

view sig

Old 30th April 2002, 08:21   #12
Shikan.chi

Studio.exe Icon

we're talkin about the actual winamp 3 icon. From the studio.exe file not the filetype icons. But I have seen your iconpack on the forums and have DL'd them and I use them... they are cool. Thanks!
Old 30th April 2002, 10:53   #13
mc^^^^
Forum King

Location: Perth, Australia MSN: mcbriar@ii.net Posts: All your posts are belong to me!!!!
like the winamp icon with a blue lightning bolt?
(white bg, blue bolt)
Attached Files
File Type: zip blue bolt.zip (691 Bytes, 125 views)

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion > Winamp3 Wishlist