Old 15th January 2011, 21:12   #1
saatiri

song repetition

So i have this dell computer that I use as a server to stream my shoutcast. It does not a monitor so I use Remote desktop connection from my main computer to connect to server. while i leave the remote connection open, everything is fine and my playlist keeps playing fine. the problem occurs when i close the remote connection. The winamp keeps repeating the same song which i saw in my song history in shoutcast DNAS status page.

I tend to keep the remote connection on but it gets annoying. I have disabled the screen saver and theme in that server so i know for fact the computer never goes to sleep/hibernation and all that stuff. The following are the info im supposed to give to ask questions. I tried searching found nothing.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

-Plugin:
--shoutcast dsp v2.1.1
-PC or Motherboard make/model
--I have a dell poweredge 400sc
-CPU & RAM
-- intel pentium 4 & 640 MB of RAM
-Sound card or chip
--microsoft rdp audio
-Videocard
--onboard videocard
-Windows OS (including Service Pack, eg. WinXP sp2)
--win xp prof sp3
-DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag)
--9.0c
-Winamp version (eg. 5.601)
-Confirmation of the Winamp installation type (Pro, Full, Bundle, Lite)
--lite
saatiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 09:56   #2
DrO

doing anything with a remote connection can often mess-up anything which is also using the network connection at the same time.

i'm not sure there's much which can be really done (my experience with remote connection is limited so i may be wrong). an alternative might be to use a different method say via vnc or something similar to that though no guarantee.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 14:25   #3
saatiri

daz, as I appreciate your respond, I also want to mention that I do nothing else on that server computer beside streaming. I leave the remote connection on b/c that's the only thing that keeps winamp from playing the same song over and over. when I close the remote connection the shoutcast source DSP tends to get disconnected and winamp plays the same song from the playlist over and over.
saatiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
remote, repeating song, repetition, server