Old 8th January 2005, 22:07   #1
jorwex

Send a message via AIM to jorwex
midi's wont play

for some reason, mid files wont play anymore. i have only used them a few times, but theyve always worked in the past. i did notice i'm using 5.07, so im upgrading to 5.08 now tho. my mid volume in volume control isn't muted either...i thought thats what the problem was at first. so itll just load the file, but act as if its a playlist with an item that it cant find, so it skips over it. thanks!

edit: nope, 5.08 didnt fix it either. i noticed that other media players that i got like vlc wont work either, with the exception of quicktime, which plays them fine after i did i quick update. any insight would be appreciated, thanks!
jorwex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2005, 22:40   #2
JonnyMac

Have you tried updating the sound drivers? If you have a soundcard go the manufacturer's website for updates. If you have an on board sound chip, go to the website of your computer provider or the manufacturer of the mother board.

If you still continue to have troubles with Winamp and MIDIs
1. Winamp Ctrl+P
2. Plug-ins > Input
3. double click 'Nullsoft MIDI player'
4. Device tab
5. in the 'Device:' dropdown box select another MIDI device. Maybe something that closely reflects your sound card or "Direct Music / Microsoft Synthesizer (with output)"
6. close out of prefs
See Screenshot (Credit and thanks to moderator Nunzio390 for the screenshot)

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2005, 00:52   #3
jorwex

hmm i only have like 4 of those plugins...is that cuz i did the smallest, free installation? like if i did the 4 meg free one, would i have those other plugins? i'm using an audigy 2 zs with all the latest drivers already. tho i swear ive been able to play all those formats before and not with the bigger install....

thanks!
Old 9th January 2005, 01:09   #4
JonnyMac

Quote:
Originally posted by jorwex
is that cuz i did the smallest, free installation?
I think that is the problem. Winamp Lite (740KB) does not have MIDI support. Try installing Winamp Full (4.36MB). Winamp Full is free. At the time of install you can uncheck the components/plug-ins you don't want.

Winamp Free downloads
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2005, 01:44   #5
jorwex

yep that did it! thanks
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support