Old 22nd January 2012, 00:01   #1
Markazz831

Bluetooth headset controls

I've been searching all around for an mp3 player via PC that accommodated for the bluetooth headphone controls such as fast forward and rewind, and discovered that Winamp is the only player with a plugin called "repeater" that allows for control of the time in seconds one can rewind or fast forward with the preset buttons found on the bluetooth headphone.

I've been using the the controls without a hitch to do some audio/textbook transcribing but discovered that in order for the fast forward and rewind to work, winamp has to be selected and cannot be in the background while I'm typing on Microsoft Word. Its almost like hitting control alt delete to switch back to winamp in order fast forward or rewind.

Does anyone know of a plugin where I can fully focus on my Word Doc and using the bluetooth controls on my headset to rewind without have to switch back and forth between Doc and winamp? Hopefully this makes sense.
Markazz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:10   #2
DrO

you could create global hotkeys (via the 'Playback: Forward' and 'Playback: Rewind' options) which allows you to use Winamp's features without having to have Winamp as the active program.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support