Old 26th August 2007, 15:54   #1
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Deathday anniversary

Ok, so I walk downstairs, I've got the TV tuned to the news, and I see this topic blurb "Diana: 10 years later Memorial service on August 31st to mark Princess Diana's death"...

And I just think, "This Diana shit again?"

I mean, fucking really...This is no disrespect to Diana; What I'm wondering is what the hell is with people looking forward to the day that an individual died? I mean, it's one thing to place a day of personal mourning if you had a close friend or family member die on a certain day...It's also another thing to remember the person the way they were when they were still alive...I can also understand how mourning situations can be different between someone dying naturally and someone dying from murder or suicide or whatever...

But isn't it the wrong thing to make the biggest deal about someone's deathday? The way I see the media portray the significance of this upcoming Friday, they make it seem as if the only thing Diana ever did in her life was die in a paparazzi-involved car crash...It's a bit pathetic, really...

I guess for this specific situation, this is only because I'm watching American news media...Seems as if our media already has a fascination for tragedy, and the disconnection only goes further when Diana's not our princess in the first place...Any more of this depressing stuff and I think cable subscriptions should also come with some sort of fluoxetine prescription...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 16:11   #2
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

They just did that whole Elvis bullshit too.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 20:24   #3
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

UPDATE: ANNA NICOLE IS STILL DEAD.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 21:05   #4
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally posted by skryingbreath
UPDATE: ANNA NICOLE IS STILL DEAD.
Who cares if she's dead? She had lupus...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 26th August 2007, 23:17   #5
TheElusiveMelon

It pisses me off about Diana. It's a joke over here...

The Daily Telegraph (or it might be a different paper, i can't remember) has had something about Diana on the front cover pretty much every day since she died.

You'd think there was some real news to tell us, not some life story of some chump who once saw Diana in a restaurant.
TheElusiveMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 00:53   #6
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

We'll send you Paris Hilton.
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2007, 01:30   #7
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Just don't become one of those people that complain about all this while buying the magazine with the story and watching the TV special.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2007, 03:41   #8
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

I honestly can't even begin to understand how people even care about tabloid stories and gossip...

When I was waiting at JCC to see an advisor for classes a couple weeks ago, I looked at a magazine from a pile of magazines they had layed out on a table...It was one of those celebrity gossip magazines, and I took about 3 minutes just to look at the pictures, got bored, and then just sat there for the rest of the waiting hour, equally bored, doing absolutly nothing but stare at the clock...I could've picked up a Newsweek or a TIME magazine instead, but I didn't feel like giving either of those rags the dignity of my freetime...

A couple minutes later, two women sat down in the row in front of me, and they picked up a bunch of those celebrity gossip magazines for themselves...And they were just in a fuckin' trance over the articles...They had the things up in their faces like it was the most interesting thing in the world, and they were excited about those magazines too...In between the empty moments of constantly checking the time, I kept wondering to myself, "How the hell...?"

I'd rather read about Batboy joining in the hunt for Osama bin Laden than Britney fuckin' Spears and her drama-bitch life...Yeah, Batboy is the product of a tabloid too, but I'd like to think that Batboy isn't as fake as a celebrity's fake-ass poser life...

Old 5th September 2007, 10:17   #9
Princess_Mellow

Quote:
Originally posted by ElChevelle
We'll send you Paris Hilton.
Can I have one Daddy? Plleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee???

Anyway. Gossip mags are for the female gender... and for the guys who want hot chicks that read them in secret.
Princess_Mellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 15:17   #10
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

gender specific magazines make me go a big rubbery one.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2007, 17:37   #11
Schmeet
Major Dude

Private Eye had a photo of her with a speech bubble saying "I hope they don't put me on the front cover just to sell more copies again".

That and the first minute of this video sums up the whole silly fucking thing which no-one should really care about except her family.
Schmeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > The Bitchlist