Old 4th August 2010, 20:14   #1
ME

Missing File Playlist Highlighting

Hello,

I installed the latest version of WinAMP on a new laptop and noticed that in Options the navigation panel shows the "Missing Files" tab under the "Playlist" entry. However, on my other computer with a slightly older version of WinAMP the "Missing Files" tab is located under the "Jump To File" entry (example shown here). I'm going to update the slightly older version on the other computer and only want to install the plugins I'm interested in to minimize size of the install.

Since the "Missing Files" tab appears to have moved between versions, which plug-in is responsible for installing "Missing Files, the "Jump To File" or the "Playlist"?

Alternatively, can the "Missing Files" tab get independently installed?
ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 23:52   #2
JonnyMac

It is still part of the Jump to File Extra plug-in.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 01:43   #3
ME

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

It makes sense that the "Missing Files" tab now resides under the "Playlist" entry in the navigation panel. I only wish that it went a little further and was distributed with the "Playlist" or as an independent install, as I have no need for the "Jump To File" other than the "Missing Files" tab.

Again thanks.
Old 5th August 2010, 01:47   #4
JonnyMac

You're Welcome

The playlist is part of the Winamp core (main program). Anyways, I don't think there will be an "Missing Files" function outside of the JTF plug-in. Sorry
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 09:29   #5
DrO

the location of the missing files page was moved to make it clearer that the feature is related to the playlist. however the code which actually implements the feature is an extension of the JTFE core (for the queue tracking in the playlist editor) so there's little benefit in splitting the feature out into another plug-in when large portions of the current dll would still be required. plus as the dll is only ~180kb with the current 1.1x series it's not going to generate much overhead both on disk and also when it is loaded.

if you don't need the other JTFE features, you can disable the JTF window override and other features as needed.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2010, 20:36   #6
ME

Thanks guys for the clarification, much appreciated.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support