Old 14th October 2010, 22:39   #1
DocStrange

Winamp Taskbar Buttons In Windows 7

I just got a new laptop running Windows 7 to replace an old one and just installed Winamp on Saturday. The only plugin I installed was the last.fm one that the client installs, so I doubt that's the issue.

On my last Windows 7 laptop. When Winamp is open (or indeed even minimized) when I hover over the Winamp logo in the task bar (Winamp is not pinned to my Taskbar, just in case someone asks) there's the play control buttons below the image of the program (you know, |<, >, ||, [], >|). But when I run Winamp for the first time after startup, those buttons appear, but without the symbols (they're just squares with nothing in it). When I exit out of Winamp and restart it, they come back.

What's the deal?

If you need an image of those buttons if you have no clue what i'm talking about, then i'll upload a screenshot as soon as I figure out how on this Compaq Presario CQ61 (i've never used a Compaq - or HP, in fact - computer before)
DocStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2010, 22:52   #2
DocStrange

Searching the forum for just "taskbar buttons" indeed brings up several similar issues. I am, however, not using the Bento skin as often mentioned in those posts, i'm using Winamp Modern.

The one thing I didn't see was any clear fix. Does anyone have one?
Old 15th October 2010, 21:38   #3
JonnyMac

Known issue. No clear fix AFAIK.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2010, 22:30   #4
DocStrange

OK that's good to know that its a known issue at least.

I didn't see it happen today when I first opened Winamp after startup, but I closed it for about an hour and opened it again, it came back. I exited again, it came back. Exited again, came back. It eventually let me see the icons again, after I decided to starting to play music before even checking to see if the icons were back, but I doubt that was connected. Maybe it was, I don't know.

I'm OCD for little cosmetic things, so that's why I brought it up here.

Again, good to know its a known issue. Keep me posted when there's a fix.
Old 16th October 2010, 02:11   #5
JonnyMac

If I hear of anything I will reply to this thread.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support