Old 20th February 2014, 22:29   #1
kaoz

Just lost "online services"

I play SHOUTcast Radio 24/7/365... went thru the stage where you endure the adverstisement when you initially launch Winamp and select your station... I mourned the passing of this experience late 2013 when the website announced its impending demise...
rode it out using the latest v5.666 b3516.... watching... waiting... watching...

Today, upon a maintenance reboot when I launch Winamp, it doesn't connect to the usual SHOUTcast radio page... I have a list - with a search bar - which I refine by genre; however, when you click ANY of these links it produces a download dialog for a "tunein-station.pls" file...

WTF??? Please advise. Many thanks

kaoz
kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2014, 22:35   #2
DrO

that is completely expected for the time being.

as Winamp and SHOUTcast have been sold, a lot of the online aspects from the AOL days have been terminated by AOL (can't blame them as why would they want to maintain things they don't own anymore) and we're now in the process of trying to put up new replacements for things (often as temporary solutions for the time being).

as such, what you're seeing is just a temporary page to still allow things to vaguely work whilst all of the SHOUTcast backend are migrated and a new site and embedded service page are designed. at least you're still able to access the SHOUTcast streams which is better than what could otherwise have happened...
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 15:37   #3
kaoz

I wonder if there's any accessible source to gather the URLs and match them to the list of stations - and we can play them via Winamp's "Play URL" menu option?

OK then... and thank you... <sobbing...> I really miss the smoothjazz streams! Nearly 15-yrs of joyous memories... this is like having a sick kid in the hospital on life support with "we're doing everything we can..." updates everytime a bloody doctor comes through the double-doors into the waiting room (like on TV's Gray's Anatomy - only without all the sexy drama...) compelling me to drink too many alcoholic beverages and seek out multiple sex partners until my usual addiction gets repaired/replaced... Thank you for the info.
kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 15:48   #4
DrO

streams come and go from the Directory (though it might be due to a migration issue we're having with the backend which is preventing some stations from being listed correctly).

and you can right-click and use 'copy shortcut' on the links.

and it might be sad, but a rough temporary page is a lot better than what was the other option i.e. no page at all. so just bear with things as trying to go from zero to everything is not a quick thing (it's only almost 5weeks since the sale happened).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support