Old 7th August 2009, 23:27   #1
Heracles

Crossfading and modern skin

Hi,

Could I know if there is that the Winamp Modern Skin provided with Winamp 5.x, which has integrated its ? (crossfade)

I have not found a Skin that has this function ?

Thank you
Heracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 00:33   #2
JonnyMac

Both of packaged modern skins, Winamp Modern and (Big) Bento have cross-fade controls built into the equalizer...

Winamp Modern...

Bento skins...

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 00:40   #3
Heracles

ho yes

thank you very much
Heracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2009, 00:55   #4
JonnyMac

You are Welcome!
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 11:13   #5
richard harbord

crossfade and playback issues

Help me!

Modern skin crossfade causes music to clip on my istallation and when I open the visualiser there is a loud clipping distortion of the music. I don't get any playback problems when I don't have modern skin support installed but then I cannot corssfade.

Party looming! What shall I do!

I cannot make the other crossfader plugins work at all on my system, I just get white noise.
richard harbord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2013, 13:27   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard harbord View Post
Modern skin crossfade causes music to clip on my istallation and when I open the visualiser there is a loud clipping distortion of the music. I don't get any playback problems when I don't have modern skin support installed but then I cannot corssfade.
Ideally, you need to find out what is causing the clipping. Have you looked at the info in the troubleshooting sticky (an Info Tool configuration report may be helpful)?

But, official Winamp crossfading is provided by the DirectSound output plug-in and a modern skin (and it's required skin support) is not required to use it. A modern skin just makes it easy to access the controls to turn crossfading on/off and to select the time to start it (from the end of the playing song).

With Winamp shutdown, you can edit the "[out_ds]" section of the "winamp.ini" configuration file to setup crossfading. Look for "cfg_fade_stop.time=" and "cfg_fade_stop.on". The first option value lets you specify the time in milliseconds (up to 20000) and the second option value lets you turn crossfading on (1) or off (0).

So, pick a classic skin, disable modern skin support, and don't mess with anything else in winamp.ini. Enjoy your party.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H1 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support