Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Old 11th November 2011, 15:53   #1
helgatheviking

Leave song in library but "blacklist" or auto-skip it

Sheesh it was over a decade ago when I first used winamp back in college, and now I am coming back to it trying to find a replacement to iTunes so i can get that apple crap off my computer.

I don't do a lot with playlists. I usually just put my library on shuffle and play away. But I have some songs in my library that I don't care to listen to on a regular basis. For instance I might have an album that I'd like in my library for completeness and in case i care to listen to it in its entirety, but when just listening at random I'd like to not have play.

iTunes has this feature by letting you uncheck any songs (both in the library AND in playlists) that you want to not hear. I'm sure everyone has a different "only missing feature", but this is mine.
helgatheviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 16:00   #2
DrO

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/plexcluder.html may fit what you need - only works on files in the main playlist editor (which should be fine since that's where you've got to play the files anyway).

should be able to make a filter of them in the library and then drag + drop them onto the exclude window (if shown) to quickly fill the exclusion list.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2011, 14:23   #3
helgatheviking

thanks so much. i will definitely check it out. still think that 'excluding' files ought to be a built-in feature, but maybe this will get me by.

cheers!
helgatheviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 03:46   #4
sierraskatherine

But I don't understand :"should be able to make a filter of them in the library and then drag + drop them onto the exclude window (if shown) to quickly fill the exclusion list."
sierraskatherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 11:27   #5
the SASS Man

It sounds like you have to create an active "Blacklist" by dopping items into a playlist, and then adding them (or using "Send To" to add them to) a Blacklist.

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
the SASS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2011, 18:07   #6
DrO

the blacklist by my plug-in doesn't require files to be in the library / playlist / main playlist editor to be able to be added to it as it will accept external drag + drop actions from Explorer, etc.

my prior reply was how to get helgatheviking going with what was being requested.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 14:18   #7
the SASS Man

Sweet!

Sweet! I'm finding it easier to use it from the playlist, tho, since I can play a song, and then decide whether I want to blacklist it or not....

Also, I can always load the blacklist into the current playlist, add or remove files, and then re-save the Blacklist. Making the Blacklist file an actual playlist was a nice touch!

Thanks, DrO!

-- SASS

--=> the SASS Man <=--
--> King of the Rock <--
the SASS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2012, 06:47   #8
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i use ratings to do this.

basically, i try to rate all my files, and then when i pick which smartviews i want to hear, i only enqueue the results with 3 stars or more.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist