Old 25th March 2010, 16:07   #1
Cyberian75

Sansa Playlist (PLA) Support

Hello,

I've a Sansa Clip+ in MSC Mode mainly because I don't like syncing as it totally messes up the organization / file structure. However, I'm running out of space, so I'd have to switch to MTP Mode when I add an SD card; otherwise, I'd have to maintain separate playlists for the card, because in MTP Mode, absolute paths are used in M3U playlists.

Sansa is a popular player as iPod, and since MTP is supported, it makes sense to also support PLA playlists.

Thanks!
Cyberian75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 16:24   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Maybe you could attach a (zipped) sample PLA playlist file?

>>> Sansa is a popular player as iPod

I'm not so sure about that
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 16:45   #3
Cyberian75

I can't create one unless I switch over to MTP. But take a look at http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/pla and http://forums.techarena*****media-player/872163.htm#post3421802

Last edited by Cyberian75; 25th March 2010 at 17:13.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:00   #4
DrO

alas that link doesn't really give much helpful information though from a few things i've seen it sounds like they support m3u playlists so there isn't really a need to support another playlist format unnecessarily though i've a feeling that the playlists need to go into a playlist folder and that's where an issue with pmp_usb & it's handling of relative paths may cause an issue when stored in that folder. plus i think the paths need to be specified in a certain manner which can be controlled with the current pmp_usb version though i'm not 100% about that either.

if only i had a device to work on then it'd be a lot easier to give a better answer (but i just cannot warrant buying something like that for something i shouldn't be trying to debug, heh).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 17:12   #5
DrO

and with a bit more looking http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...cending&page=3 and there's a post a few down on that page which seems to indicate the m3u would need to have the path stripped down so 'no slash or dot at start' on preferences -> media library -> portables -> usb drive ?: -> 'advanced' tab may be what's needed (though still not sure it'll work ok with the relative path generation).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2010, 18:09   #6
Cyberian75

PLA playlists use the internal database which is supported, I think, by MTP.
Old 25th March 2010, 18:24   #7
Cyberian75

"Most MTP-compatible devices do not appear through drive letter assignment in Windows Explorer, instead they will appear as "devices" in Windows Explorer." -- WikiPedia
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist

Tags
mtp, pla, playlist, sansa