Old 3rd January 2012, 19:48   #1
DirtMcGirt

Live DJ Interaction w/ Shoutcast Providers over MP3 streams?

What's up guys. I've been streaming a 24/7 stations with a provider for a while now via AAC. The reason I have to use AAC vs. MP3 is because with SAM Broadcaster, I can easily auto-interrupt the 24/7 streaming playlist with a live broadcast simply by just starting the Encoder (which is set up on the provider to use a AutoDJ port). When it's encoding the 24/7 stream fades out, and the Live DJ stream fades in.... and vice versa.

Having said that, this function is hard to find when using an MP3 Auto DJ. Whereas I have to manually stop the Auto-DJ at my providers end first, then start the SAM Encoder... it's just a pain in the butt...

Question is, are there Shoutcast streaming providers out there that will do this with MP3 streaming? I want to use MP3 over AAC so I can use my custom flash players in my website, plus it seems to be compatible with more mobile devices and app store applications.
DirtMcGirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:00   #2
daverogers

When you say auto dj. Do you have dj's that log in to use the service and broadcast on your site? Or is it just you that can log in and broadcast live?

I use soutcast with the trancoder and I can have dj's log in from anywhere to broadcast and the trancoder just fades to them and back again. The one problem I seem to have at the moment besides my rubbish provider is the in stream adds and station drops. I have to program them in tp the schedule instead of having some way of auto playing them in time intervals.
daverogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 21:28   #3
DirtMcGirt

Yea, well basically what I need is WHMSonic... looks like their latest update supports the auto interrupt feature via mp3 streams when a DJ wants to go live. Previously I guess it only worked with AAC streams for whatever reasons.
DirtMcGirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2012, 22:58   #4
Bryon Stout

Yep whoever you choose to use make sure they offer WHMSonic as an auto DJ option. It offers the fade in/ out when going from auto dj to live.

I am getting my dedicated server sometime this month and I will be offering shotucast packages with WHMSoinc. PM me if you are interested.
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 04:47   #5
Bryon Stout

Its buggy but if you want seamless live > auto dj its the best. Centovacast and WHMSonic are the two top leaders for sure. Both are currently in the works of releasing a new version.
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
aac, auto dj, mp3