Old 13th March 2012, 12:53   #1
cspowers

Problems Sending Playlist To Device

I'm a brand new user to winamp and have been trying it specifically to sync itunes play lists to my android (galaxy samsung nexus) device.

I bought the latest version of win amp pro and am running it on windows XP. Had no problems importing the itunes library and itunes play lists.

Installed the free version of winamp on my android device. Had no problems discovering the device or pairing it with my winamp on windows XP. Very happy so far!

I did a sync on the device and it seemed to push all of my songs down to the androis (about 200 or so). Seemed maybe a little slow, but no big deal.

Then I noticed that the play lists are not synced when you sync the device. Just the library files. Did a little digging around and saw that on the pop up menu of a play list, there is a "send to"->"samsung galaxy nexus". So I tried that with several play lists. Sure enough, the play lists showed up on the winamp for android.

BUT

Not all of the songs are showing up on the playlists. The play lists I manage are heavy rotation lists for myinternet radio station and there are typically 50 songs in each play list. When I used the "send to" option very often only the first song in the play lists shows up on the android play list. Occasionally 4 or 5 songs will show up on the play list. But I don't think I've ever successfully sent all 50 songs from a play list to the device.

Also, if I try the "send to"->"samsung galaxy nexus" a second time, it does not update the playlist on the nexus. It creates another new play list with the same name. So over time I ended up with 4 or 5 play lists with the exact same name and none of them had more than 4 or 5 songs from the 50 song play list on them.

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong? Is it a limitation of the free android player? Is there a work around?
cspowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:14   #2
ozbcoz

Getting similar thing - playlists are simply sending only the media. If I click on the .pla file for the playlist then the references tab points to the songs but the playlists don't show up in Winamp.

Jim
ozbcoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 11:36   #3
sparkx

I've been at this for a week now and tried all sorts of fixes posted in this forum and others with no real success, so many variations that I've lost count of the different solutions I've tried. Both with a usb cable and wi-fi sync.

Using the usb cable:
I use play lists with 10 to 150 songs in them. Winamp transfers the songs to the usb sd card fine and shows the play lists when on my pc version of winamp. However, when I disconnect the phone and open winamp android the songs are there but not the play lists. When I reconnect the phone the play lists are no longer shown on the pc winamp list under devices phone card. Occasionally the stock android music player sees the play lists but nothing is in them. Also, playlists I have created on the phone do not show up on the pc version of winamp, though they do when wi-fi mode!

Winamp wi-fi
Using this I have had some success in forcing the play lists by doing a transfer again. Sometimes just transferring the missing songs to the play list on the phone. More often than not most of the songs are missing from the playlist doing this. Eventually the transfer just hangs on connecting.

Posting here is my last resort before giving up on the whole thing and looking for other options. I've invested so much time reading and trying fixes that I would like something that just works - like itunes to my iPad 2. I'm not going to pay for a solution to this or up-grading to better players and the like until I know for sure it is going to WORK.

Please help. thank you

I have:
Samsung Galaxy s ii GT-I9100
Android ver 2.3.4

Windows 7 PC
Winamp v5.622 (x86)
sparkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 14:46   #4
ozbcoz

go to iSyncr (has a wifi version too) - best decision I made - sick of all the issues with both Winamp and Doubletwist

jim
ozbcoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 16:49   #5
sparkx

Samsung Galaxy s ii play list sync problem solved for me

I tried something thing different. I used Double Twist and one of their help screens provided the following solution to syncing play lists.

Go to: settings / applications / development
check the USB debugging box
then come out of that.

After you connect to usb cable pull down the status bar and tap on the USB storage bar and then when the USB storage screen/"green android with usb hand" comes up click on the connect button and away you go. I didnt bother by this stage with winamp. I just used the other windows pc application to transfer my playlists.

Why oh why could winamp not have made this information available somewhere is beyond me. Maybe they did but, I never found it. I'm pretty sure this will work for winamp. I post here out of politeness and the years of winamp use I've had.

I think the default MTP connection setting caused the sync problems.

So, after a decade of winamp use I'm off somewhere else. It was ok - on and off. Now back to windows media player and iTunes and my new friend that just WORKED! Maybe I'll come back but, thats the future.
sparkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android

Tags
play list, playlist, samsung galaxy nexus, send to device