Old 28th November 2011, 19:22   #1
ttomo

empty winamp queue on load

A lot of times when I open winamp, there are no songs in the queue. Rarely does winamp remember my last loaded collection of music.

i dont use playlists, i just play/enqueue in winamp. when i next open winamp, sometimes the songs will be there, but most of the time they are not.

I'd like winamp to remember what i was last listening to 100% of the time as i just use the play in winamp option to overwrite when i'm ready for something different.

win7 64
winamp v5.621(x86)
ttomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th December 2011, 20:37   #2
ttomo

bump
Old 15th December 2011, 21:54   #3
DrO

5.623 is the current version now. as for the playlist being empty a lot of the time, it could be anything from Winamp silently crashing on close which can prevent the playlist being saved
or
a 'cleaner' program is running which is removing the file (some have been known to do that)
or
you've possibly got a plug-in installed which is wiping the playlist clear
or
when Winamp is being started (if you're clicking on the files to load instead of loading Winamp first), it's then being passed an invalid folder / file using the 'play' command which could also cause the playlist to be cleared out.
or
the shortcut Winamp is being started via has been messed up to include random whitespace which Winamp is then trying to treat as a file to load (unlikely but you never know)
or
it's a permissions issue (e.g. to do with UAC) though that shouldn't be too likely unless starting Winamp as a different user at times.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 08:01   #4
ttomo

thanks for response :)

i've tested cCleaner to be the culprit. i use it regularly and never would have guessed it removed winamp's q.

would you know if there is a way to avoid cCleaner from doing this?

thanks again, just knowing the reason is great!
Old 16th December 2011, 09:23   #5
DrO

i'd have thought there must be a setting in cCleaner to be able to prevent it from doing that or just make it not try to clean up after Winamp.

-daz
Old 16th December 2011, 21:38   #6
ttomo

i can exclude files/folders with ccleaner, but i dont know what to exclude for winamp q's to be remembered.

i excluded the winamp folder under Program Files(x86)*.* but this did not work.

the exclude options in cCleaner are:
- Drive or Folder
- File
- Registry Key

would someone know where winamp's queue is being stored so that i can keep ccleaner from removing it?
Old 16th December 2011, 21:57   #7
DrO

%appdata%\Winamp is where the settings including the between session playlists are stored.

-daz
Old 16th December 2011, 22:03   #8
ujay
Forum King

Hi ttomo, The version of CCleaner I'm using is 3.09.1493

Open CCleaner > Cleaner page > Applications tab > Multimedia section > Uncheck Winamp

is what works for me.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2011, 23:36   #9
ttomo

[fixed]

oh fantastic!

the applications tab is a sensible solution i just happened to overlook!

thanks all for the help DrO and ujay
hugs kisses and holiday cheer :D
Old 18th December 2011, 14:44   #10
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

CCleaner is wiping Winamp's playlist as it assumes you want to "hide your tracks".

It is a great little program, but not everyone realises what it does. There are two main tricks - one is to clear the "crap" like temp files. The second job is privacy to clear your tracks. i.e. all the last played files, last accessed websites, and so on. It is for the paranoid to stop other people knowing what pr0n sites have been accessed\videos watched.

Winamp does not create temp files. So just leave it permanently unticked within CCleaner. (I have seen it mess up other items within Winamp before in the media library, so always de-tick it now)
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
empty, forget, load, queue, remember