Old 2nd August 2006, 14:22   #1
Nickni

no automatic play after change song informations

I have changed the Informations of some Songs in my Library, but after that winamp doesn't start to play them when it should start. I always have to click on play bevore I can here them. Winamp starts the other songs automatically. It is unimportent whether they are mp3 or wma or something else. I'm using Winamp v 5.24.

I've seen "Random crashes when editing ID3 tags" in the Bug-Report-List, but it doesn't seem to describe my problem. It's unimportent whether I've activatet Shuffle or not and it althow doesn't play with wma and it's no real crash, it just doesn't play.

Can somebody help me? It doesn't make a lot of fun, if I always have to click on the play button if a song is over and the next doesn't start.
Nickni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2006, 00:42   #2
Nickni

Isn't here anybody, how can help me?
Old 4th August 2006, 01:37   #3
JonnyMac

I don't fully understand. Are you saying that when you double click or press Enter on a Media Library item (that you have edit the info on), it does not get played?

Please provide system and Winamp specs.

Winamp > Ctrl+P (for Preferences) > Media Library > Library Options tab > what are the options in the 'Double Click or Enter Options' box

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 12:10   #4
Nickni

No. I've my playlist. Now I'm srarting one song. Winamp is playing the song until it is over. Then Winamp should start the next song in my playlist, but if it is an song, where I've edited the Infos he doesn't play the song. I'm using the MMD3 Skin, but I've the problem althoug with the Modern skin.

My Options are:
--- Double Click or Enter Options ---
Double click or Enter in the Library: [Plays selected item(s)]
[x] Play all items (start with selected) on double click in playlists
[x] Play search results (start with selected) on double click in media views

--- Column ... ---

--- Advanced Library Preferences ---
[x] Media Library uses same font as Playlist Editor
[ ] Main Window lightning bolt opens Media Library instead of About Box
-------------------------

Ich habe an diesen Einstellungen auch nach der Installation nichts geändert.
Old 5th August 2006, 20:42   #5
JonnyMac

I can not reproduce the issue.

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
Please provide system and Winamp specs.
Old 5th August 2006, 21:03   #6
Thunder Pussy
Feed me a stray dog
(Major Dude)

It sounds like somehow he activated manual playlist advance when he edited his tags, maybe by clicking the repeat button before clicking the ML button?
Thunder Pussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2006, 21:20   #7
JonnyMac

Could be. However if I understand Nickni's post correctly, it is only the files with the edited ID3 tags that do not automatically advance and the others play fine. If that is the case, it sounds like dodgy third party input plug-in (among other possibilities).

@ Nickni

Winamp > Ctrl+P > General Preferences > Playlists > is 'Manual playlist advance' checkmarked in the middle box - right hand plane?

If so, uncheck it.
Old 6th August 2006, 01:20   #8
Nickni

@JonnyMac: 'Manual playlist advance' isn't checked.
@Early Devil: What is the ML-Button?

I'm sorry, that I can't discribe it an better way. But I try it once more. So, what did I do? I've played some Songs, but their Informations was wrong. So I clicked in the Playlist with the right mousebutton on the song and chose "Dateiinformationen anzeigen" (in English it have to be something like "show file informations"). Then I've changed them and klicked on save. That were MP3 and wma (Windows Media Audio) files, so not only ID3. So the informations are correkt. Now I'm going on using Winamp. Normally Winamp plays all the songs. If the first song ends, Winamp plays the next song and if that song ends it plays the song after it. But he doesn't start some songs. It starts with 0:00 and some seconds later it's 0:00, too, and I can't hear anything. he only changes to the next song, but doesn't start to play it. I'm not absolutely sure, that this is so, because I've changed the information, but at a lot of songs it could be, because I remember that I've changed their information. They also doesn't play on (one) double click. I need always two double clicks to play them.
Old 6th August 2006, 21:33   #9
JonnyMac

Early Devil was talking about the button for the Media Library.

Try a full uninstall > reinstall (AKA clean install) of Winamp.

Otherwise, we can not provide much help with out system and Winamp specs (specifications).
Old 7th August 2006, 23:10   #10
Nickni

Thank you. Now, I've solved the Problem. I reinstallt winamp completely. I think I've althow insalled all plugins I had bevore. But I've downloaded the Full version and not the Bundle. I'm not shour that it was the problem, but I can't remember, that I've changed something else. But, now it works normaly. Thank you for your help.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support