Old 2nd May 2012, 00:50   #1
dlt123me

How do I change my Station Stream Genre listing?

Hi, I have a station that I want to change the Genre listing on. I am currently listed as Electronic Ambient and wish to change it's listing in the Shoutcast Genre lineup.

How do I do this? Do I need to go into my radio streaming software and change the Genre there? I use StationPlaylist Pro.

Thanks in advance for fielding my question,
Dennis

http://www.coronalwinds.com
http://149.255.33.73:8008/index.html
dlt123me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 01:55   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlt123me View Post
Do I need to go into my radio streaming software and change the Genre there?
correct, that's the only way to change the genre provided for the stream with the version of the DNAS server you're using.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:59   #3
dlt123me

Thanks... I'll check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
correct, that's the only way to change the genre provided for the stream with the version of the DNAS server you're using.

-daz
Thanks daz... I'll have to check into this. I was hoping that I could change my genre and tags here. Looks like I will have to dig into SPL to see where this is done.

Also, just for the record, my Antivirus software, Kasperski is flagging the reply section of this thread for phishing. Not sure what is going on here.

Thanks again,
Dennis
Old 2nd May 2012, 19:59   #4
dlt123me

For others who are using Station Play List and want to change their Genre that is streaming from it, you need to do the following...

You have to stop your streaming through SPL.

Then you need to edit the encoder you are using... I am using OddcastV3, if you are using this encoder, you have to double click the encoder, go into the YP (Yellow Pages) tab and change the stream genre to whatever you want displayed..

Hope this helps,
Dennis
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:47   #5
DrO

Quote:
Thanks daz... I'll have to check into this. I was hoping that I could change my genre and tags here. Looks like I will have to dig into SPL to see where this is done.
that's only possible when using a v2 DNAS (though it's not quite right in the public release which means kicking the source is generally required to update an existing stream). at least you've got it sorted now which is the main thing for your setup.

Quote:
Also, just for the record, my Antivirus software, Kasperski is flagging the reply section of this thread for phishing. Not sure what is going on here.
no idea though will try to pass it on to someone relevant.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 14:20   #6
ceoradiodave

I don't know if I should put a new post, as this is very old.
I am running my stations (for years now) using just the winamp software and localhost on the same box. Where is the Genre setting. I checked the ini files but don't see a line for it. My station is listed as "Showtunes" and I don't know how that happened and I want to change it to "Mixed" or "Rock" Trying to get more listeners.
Thanks
radiodave.org:8000/listen.pls
ceoradiodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2015, 14:29   #7
ceoradiodave

Found another post

Sorry I didn't look enough. I see the post about Genre changes and it says look in the DNAS DSP settings, I assume that is the box where you select localhost, I hope it is there.
ceoradiodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support