Old 30th May 2014, 17:07   #1
Tohno_Neil

Cool A easy Gui Winamp5 Skin maker?

Why not create a tool for easy to make skins ?

I need a windows gui tool to make skins.

It‘s too difficult for me to use Command Line or written Script .

AND I also kown make the tool is very difficult things,because so many skins have different Styles,I think that to set some Templates and sample will be helpful .

Last edited by Tohno_Neil; 30th May 2014 at 18:53.
Tohno_Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 17:57   #2
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Hi, I moved your thread to the Modern Skins section where it belongs.

Your request is as fair as it is out of time.. if you search this forum you´ll find some tools.. most are out of date or directly never worked quite right.

For what I see in your profile pic and signature I see you like Anime, if you´re planning to do those kind of skins (mostly image-skin with a single character figure behind a set of buttons), I THINK there is a program to do it. I could search it for you, but not right now, it'll take some time..

If you're interested in other kind of skins, then there are some other paths to go, not necessarily command lines or writing scripts..
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2014, 18:25   #3
Tohno_Neil

Question

[QUOTE=Victhor;2996688]
For what I see in your profile pic and signature I see you like Anime, if you´re planning to do those kind of skins (mostly image-skin with a single character figure behind a set of buttons), I THINK there is a program to do it. I could search it for you, but not right now, it'll take some time..
[/QUITE]

I kown the website just past 4hours,and found that those skins is not fit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post
If you're interested in other kind of skins, then there are some other paths to go, not necessarily command lines or writing scripts..
People who like art design or want make life some different,they need to have a tool to make a skin for themselves.

Out of time?
Why people like megui and don't like a Command Line,because of megui is so easy and so powerful Gui tool.
Old 30th May 2014, 19:33   #4
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohno_Neil View Post
Out of time?
Why people like megui and don't like a Command Line,because of megui is so easy and so powerful Gui tool.
Oops I forgot to justify that part.. Out if time because there was a (past) time wen skinning was THE thing and there was a lot of Skinners and people who care about it.. Now there are almost no Skinners at all (we may be 5 at most) and there is such a huge amount of already great skins that nobody feels the need to have more (or to put time and effort in making soft or tools to make life easier for creators / skinners / coders..).

I know it's sad, but it is that way since years ago...

PS: I haven't even mention the other reason; it isn't easy at all to do such a program, others have tried for years and no one ever really came with a stable or fully working release.. (like PSD2WAL, PSD2PNG among others I can't remember the name..)
Old 30th May 2014, 21:50   #5
DrO

classic skins had a template / example setup and there were skinning programme oto make them (which were never normally updated to support all of the windows Winamp added and so led to lots of crap classic skins).

for modern skins there are some template like skins (e.g. cpro / wcl) but you either have to accept the design they provide or you still need to so some sort of skin coding. as flexibility often means you need to put in a bit more effort to get out what you want.

alternatively you could try to hire a skinner and get them to do it for you (which happened a fair bit in the skinning peak a decade ago). but it may just be what you want is not practical or is not something you or others can produce or may have already produced as there's 1000's of skins out there to still find.

and technically for the record, there are classic skins designed for Winamp 5.x which can be called 'Winamp5' skins as well (generally means providing some extra skin files and there are even variations to them for 5.5x ).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 00:43   #6
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
..alternatively you could try to hire a skinner and get them to do it for you (which happened a fair bit in the skinning peak a decade ago). but it may just be what you want is not practical or is not something you or others can produce or may have already produced as there's 1000's of skins out there to still find.
@Tohno_Neil: This is what I meant when I said "there are some other paths to go.." . It's what I talked about here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
and technically for the record, there are classic skins designed for Winamp 5.x which can be called 'Winamp5' skins as well...
Hehe yeh, had to choose one of two.. leaned for the Modern skins since he talks about "command lines" and scripts .
Old 31st May 2014, 01:15   #7
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Developing a program like this (I tried my hand years ago at writing one); is to much effort for very little real use. There are only a handful of skin designers that are actively creating skins.

I have a template system that allows you to have a Winamp skin fairly easily with an image; however as stated by DrO...you'd have to live within my boundaries or extend out the Template System I have built for you.

The same possibility exists with a CPRO skin. In either sense, your left making it yourself or having the luck of getting an active skin designer interested in your idea; though, again I have been down this road with others and it never works out. To much effort into someone else's ideas end up in forever designing something you really aren't committed to.

Or you can offer up $$$ for an effort and see if we bite. Other, than this I say to you good luck.

1001skins.net |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk.
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 03:25   #8
Tohno_Neil

Question

Quote:
@Tohno_Neil: This is what I meant when I said "there are some other paths to go.." . It's what I talked about here.
I am a Student,and live in China。

There is a example for you,sogou-pinyin-skins,Total 2246 page ,all most skins are created by the Users,because sogou already make a GUI Skins maker for Users.
Sogou-pinyin is a Free Software,despite Sogou is to make money by advertising.

Quote:
nobody feels the need to have more
Why and Why not,?
Old 1st June 2014, 20:00   #9
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
Okay...

Here is the generic answer by way of what it would take:

A. Create a freeform designer application
  1. Needs to support layered resources
  2. Needs to load referenced maki scripts
  3. Needs to be tested in app
B. Create loaded resources for 132+/- Controls
  1. Build a simple way to bind controls to resources
  2. Code each control to create a object in xml
  3. Code each control to load referenced maki if needed.
C. Create Dynamic Animation Load Controls (for each animated area)
  1. Load resources for animation controls
  2. Is it an repeated image? Maki Script? other?
D. Create Maki Script Generator
  1. Need to have a referenced library of functions
  2. Intellisense? Code Completion? Code References?
  3. Testing? UI? other?
E. Create Transparency Layered Load for image resources
  1. Easier said than done.

Each of these would take an individual developer many hours of development time; to support 5 - 10 people at most; for absolutely no $? This while might make things better for those creating skins; we are still talking about a very few individuals currently. That may change in the future...but, as of this moment your asking for a lot with very little return.

In the future maybe...just not now.

1001skins.net |
Old 1st June 2014, 20:54   #10
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Well.. I'm a Winamp skinner and am planning to keep doing it for at least a couple of years I think.. no one could say I'm not optimistic in that respect.. still, if nobody did that soft years back when there was a lot of skinners and a lot of interest (both in winamp and in desktop apps), I highly doubt some would ever make it now or in the near future... if Winamp lasts that long..

There is a slight chance though.. if Radionomy itself takes the beast in its hands and changes Winamp skinning engine to make it fit a UI design program.. (or "Skins design app" if you want)
Old 4th June 2014, 03:04   #11
Tohno_Neil

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax View Post
Easier said than done.
Just do it,and you will found something more important and interesting than what you said before.

Last edited by Tohno_Neil; 4th June 2014 at 05:07.
Old 4th June 2014, 03:14   #12
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Old 4th June 2014, 04:48   #13
Tohno_Neil

Talking

Quote:
sorry..., I just make a misstake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garetjax View Post
Easier said than done.
You can change the world.
by anciss

Old 5th June 2014, 01:43   #14
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

I read this over and over again...

I suppose I'm not very clear in my answer. There isn't a good enough reason to build an application for me; Technically, I am quite adept at building Applications and very proficient programmer. However, at present I do not see it promoting the future of Winamp, the services and/or enhancing usage, until the applications future is more defined, the changes are known (to the application), the API and Model for which skins can be built is more defined.

Most of the knowledge and experience for skin designing exists within the heads of the people that continue to produce them. In many cases that knowledge is locked away with members that are not as active as they once where.

I for one have been building Winamp skins quite some time and can tell you that even with my decades long attachment to the application; there may have once been a very real and compelling argument for to build an application.

Today there isn't. Until there is or until another intrepid developer takes up that mantle...I won't be committing my time towards a fruitless endeavor.

1001skins.net |
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins