Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 15th July 2006, 05:08   #1
AndrewWinamp

How to copy the mp3 files in a Playlist to a folder on your drive.

Hello,

Sorry, I guess I'm a bit of a newb with this stuff, so I didn't even know what to look for when trying to search past posts to get the answer I need to my issue, so here it is.

I'll use iTunes as an example because I know how to do this operation there, and now need to know how to do a similar operation in Winamp, because I have certain Playlists set up in Winamp that I need to do this with. In iTunes, if I have a Playlist open, and I want to copy all the songs in that Playlist to a folder on my drive, which is to say, make a copy of each file, wherever it is on the drive, and then put a copy of those files in a new folder I create, purely for organizational purposes, I just have to select all the songs in that Playlist in iTunes and drag and drop those files directly into the folder in Windows explorer that I created, and that's it, a copy of all those files is put into that folder.

I need to do that now with my Winamp Playlist. Let's say I select 50 songs in a Playlist. What do I do to copy the actual files those songs are attached to, into a folder I create?

I probably explained a simple operation in a confusing way, so please let me know if I need to clarify anything. Thanks a lot.
Andrew
AndrewWinamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 07:29   #2
billyvnilly
Forum King, M.D.

Send a message via ICQ to billyvnilly Send a message via AIM to billyvnilly
try drag 'n drop (click joonas plugins in my sig below) if not that, then google gen_yar.dll or playlist copier they all do the same thing in a different way.
billyvnilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 09:11   #3
AndrewWinamp

Thank you, billy, I appreciate your help a lot. In case this can help anyone else in addition to myself, the one that worked for me was the Playlist Copier:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=132981
If that link doesn't work, just type the word "copier" into the Plug-in search at the top and you'll find it. Once it's installed, just go into Preferences > Plug-ins > General Purpose > Playlist Copier to use the program. The playlist currently loaded in the Winamp player will be the one that loads in the program. A vital plug-in. Thanks again, billy.
Old 15th July 2006, 15:10   #4
Bubba Smith
Major Dude

Direct Download (in case the damned plugins database is borked again, as usual)
Bubba Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 18:02   #5
JonnyMac

Another useful plug-in for transfering playlist files...

gen_yar

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2006, 21:41   #6
AndrewWinamp

Excellent, that one's even better. I Googled gen_yar but didn't find the site you supplied, which shows where the option is to copy the playlist files. Gen_yar has more options and works a bit better than Playlist Copier, so I would recommend it instead. Again, the link is:
http://www.bcheck.net/apps/#gen_yar
Scroll down to 'gen_yar,' and copy your playlist by right-clicking on the Winamp player and selecting 'Copy playlist files.' Thanks.
Old 24th February 2007, 16:55   #7
maestro_trev

del
maestro_trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 00:31   #8
Daybreak

Never mind, fixed the problem.

Sorry for digging up this old thread.

Gen Yar is a great plugin though.
Daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support