Old 18th April 2010, 20:55   #1
Eville

Larger Resolutions

Hey guys... thing is I love Winamp to bits but ever since last year when I got my 23" moniter... things don't look so good anymore. Thing is I like maximising it... docking and auto-hiding but the thing becomes so streched that it doesnt really look appealing. Cant you guys maybe do something for the larger screens because when facing facts we aren't living in the days of 15" screeens anymore.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Winamp.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	46796  
Eville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 12:38   #2
anotherkentpaul

Hey that really looks funny in your screenshot. A whole lot of white space below main window.
anotherkentpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 14:32   #3
DrO

there is the scaling option for modern skins which will increase the size of the skin though it also requires increasing the font size for the playlist editor (ctrl & + or via the playlist preferences page) to have the playlist + media library font increase as well - is a bit of trial and error to do that). then again you could always change the OS font sizing though i've a feeling Winamp may have issues with some parts of that (is something i'd like to check out along with everything else i've got to work on).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 16:50   #4
Eville

I was thinking maybe introduce something else with a separator, like the playlist... or the equiliser. I dunno... but something just to take up the space, but also useful. Because I think the larger Winamp looks clumsy and makes it feel like I have some sort of eye impediments!
Eville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2010, 17:16   #5
DrO

well really the main thing is that for something to work well on a larger screen it really requires to have a skin designed for that and the scaling options is really an easy (but not complete) fix to deal with that for some skins which lend themselves to scaling.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Wishlist