Old 23rd November 2013, 18:33   #1
shadow7483147

Stop winamp playing on enqueue

I've been looking for a solution after I installed the latest version through a clean install. (5.53 to 5.66)
All I've been getting was questions about the Enqueue and Play. That certainly works, but not as I'm expecting, either.

Whenever I double-click, the files will play fine. Playlist cleared.
Rightclick and Play plays fine, as well as Open, clearing the playlist.

Rightclick and Enqueue adds the file to the queue and plays it at the same time.

Oddly, rightclicking and clicking Enqueue and Play plays and enqueues the first file I've selected, then only enqueues any subsequent file until I bring the folder window out and back into focus.
I thought it would just do both operations at the same time every time it's used.

I'm not looking to use the Enqueue and Play feature, only Enqueue. I want it to stop playing the files when I enqueue them to play later.

Last edited by shadow7483147; 23rd November 2013 at 19:35.
shadow7483147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 07:25   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi shadow7483147,

Yes, the enqueue only feature is broken in v5.6.6.3507. There are already several posts above this. Hopefully it will be fixed soon, before or after the announced AOL shutdown of Winamp situation is resolved.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 23:12   #3
aaronsnet

Send a message via AIM to aaronsnet
This has got to be the most annoying bug ever. I was DJ'ing a wedding reunion last night and ended cutting off songs, multiple times, because of this. I have downgraded to make sure this doesn't happen again...but please, this is one of the best features of Winamp. Fix if it at all possible. I am glad the old version works flawlessly in Windows 8.

the detour network - detour MUSIC, detour TALK, detour BLUES, SOF Radio

Purple Zebra Media Services-http://purplezebra.us
Supporting independent, licensed internet radio stations since 2001!
aaronsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 07:03   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi aaronsnet,

Man, that sounds like an embarrassing experience!

The enqueue & play context command was not working properly in the older version when selecting multiple songs. Fixing that somehow broke the other. DrO (with all the AOL shutdown distractions going on and him catching the flu) needs a little time to fix it.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 25th November 2013, 09:14   #5
micronicos

Send a message via Skype™ to micronicos
Enqueue does work in v5.66

Hi Peoples,

I tried to register & found that I'd been a member since 2005 & forgotten it.

Anyway:
Enqueue works fine in v5.66, you have to setup the Shell Options correctly.

I've been going through this for hours with @caveman in the new forums (unofficial but get over there as these will be gone soon).

Here is our discussion & let me say again that it works just fine, I am serving from my laptop right now.

Uninstalled everything (DSP plug-in first) & installed from your link above & then re-installed ShoutCast DSP v2.3.3 & works fine.

Many thanks.

However! I noticed when configuring 5.65 that there is an option in the Shell Context setup...

"General Preferences/File Types/Shell Options" you can tick the option "Insert Enqueued Files after the currently playing file" and then having ticked that, also tick the sub-option "Leave Playback on the currently playing file".

I am too tired to try reinstalling 5.66 & testing, but this aint a default setting & might work the problem of immediately playing enqueued file Smile

Maybe someone could do this & report...

Then @caveman tried it & then I tried it:

Quote: Enqueue files on double click(default is unchecked)

Screenshotproof: https://i.imgur.com/HmqTzqp.jpg

So I would say that queueing is working in 5.66 Smile

Worked for me too & I also uninstalled using Revo & installed 5.66 from scratch (also using Revo of course

Was fiddly, I had to turn on the option of "Enqueue & Play", then I could tick "Insert Enqueued Files after the currently playing file" and then having ticked that, also tick the sub-option "Leave Playback on the currently playing file".

Then untick the main "Add 'Enqueue & Play' to Winamps Associated file types".

I'm serving out from it again & adding files to the queue no problemo!

I've posted on the 'official' forums about this.

It works...

Regards,
Nico Morrison
Radio Flower Raj
http://radio.theflowerraj.org/

Regards,
Nico Morrison
Radio Flower Raj - live music, news & interviews.

IBM T41 (2003) [2GB RAM 300GB IDE HDD XP Pro SP3]
INTEL SERVER MOTHERBOARD (2004) [2GB RAM DEBIAN 7.3]
micronicos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 10:41   #6
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi micronicos,

Yes that works if you only want to use the core commands 'play' or 'enqueue'. But the JTFE plug-in also adds an 'enqueue & play' command. This additional command does not work properly (enqueue files and start playing them) when the options are setup as you suggest.

Ironically, fixing this additional command (it was not playing all the enqueued files before returning to what was already in the playlist in some cases) is what broke the core 'enqueue' command.

So if you want to be able to use all 3 commands, you solution prevents that.

Sometimes I want to replace what is in the playlist, so I used the 'play' command. Sometimes I want to add files to the end of the playlist without disturbing the order of the original playlist, or what was playing or was selected for play, so I used the 'enqueue' command. Sometimes I want to add files to the end of the playlist and listen to them right away, so I used the 'enqueue & play' command. If a song is playing and I time it right, this does not cut off that song and makes the change before what would have been the next song can start playing.

Yes, there are the options to add the selected file(s) after the current playlist file, leave the current file playing, or even adding to the queue manager instead of the playlist editor, but I like adding to the end of the playlist in the playlist editor. Then if I want the added file(s) to play before or after something already in the listing (below the current selection), I select and drag things to where I want them.

Sure you can duplicate the function of the 'enqueue & play' command by queuing first and then double clicking on the song you want to start playing, but being able to do this with 1 command is convenient.

One of the best things about Winamp is the ability to use it in so many ways.

Last edited by Aminifu; 25th November 2013 at 12:12.
Old 25th November 2013, 14:56   #7
DrO

the problem with this all stems from fixing handling issues with 15 or more items selected in Windows Explorer in-conjunction with changed needing to be made to try to resolve some long standing issues with the JTFE plug-ins shell handling options.

as such i see that people have found temp work arounds for the issue which i introduced and i'll say that it was not intentional at all but sadly due to rushing things at the last minute and so things weren't tested as well as they should have been, so i would normally say they should fire me for that...

to fix the issue properly, it really needs a winamp.exe and gen_jumpex.dll update. if a winamp.exe update is not possible (as i really don't know if the patch i've got can be used or not will be releasable) then things can be patched via gen_jumpex.dll though it will potentially mean re-introducing some of the large selection handling issues which the changes other resolve.

so please accept my apologies about all of this, it was not my intention, just sadly what one very tired and time restricted dev ended up messing up
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 02:38   #8
shadow7483147

Thank you for all of your help guys, and thank you DrO for an awesome product regardless!
shadow7483147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 04:33   #9
aaronsnet

Send a message via AIM to aaronsnet
Winamp v5.666 fixes this bug! Thank you so much for fixing this! It works great now in Windows 8!!!!

And I understand about not having time to get everything fixed before all of this went down. I plan on using Winamp until it just will not work anymore. I wanted to make sure that the very last distribution had one of the best features fixed! I have been using Winamp and Shoutcast since 2001 and will continue to do so for a long long time. I have never found another music player that matches the features which Winamp offers.

To this day I still use the classic skin with only the playlist and main windows showing. With the SqrSoft crossfading plug-in still working, I am set for life. Thanks again Winamp!

the detour network - detour MUSIC, detour TALK, detour BLUES, SOF Radio

Purple Zebra Media Services-http://purplezebra.us
Supporting independent, licensed internet radio stations since 2001!
aaronsnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 05:56   #10
blaqhat

This works, here is my screenshot.
I read this quickly so forgive me if I missed something, but I was having the problem of having the song play immediately, thereby ending the song currently playing, when I was adding the track to winamp using the "Enqueue in Winamp" command (@Aminifu commented that miconico's setup did not work for them, but as far as I understood it, or read it, it seemed to align with what worked for me...maybe I am missing a detail about the plugin you mentioned but the overall shell options seemed to parallel what you were all talking about) - so - for anyone that finds this, I am using Winamp 5.66, I went to OPTIONS then PREFERENCES then GENERAL PREFERENCES ---> FILE TYPE --> SHELL (see my screen capture for details). Or just hit CTRL P. Once there, see my screen capture, the top part, what I have checked and unchecked will ENABLE you to add tracks whilst playing another and have it simply added to the
ENQUEUED list, the song you have playing will KEEP PLAYING. The added track will go to the BOTTOM of the queue *BUT* also adds a right click/context menu option to allow you to have your newly selected track play back immediately after you add it. You select this option manually just the same as you do "ENQUEUE to Winamp". If you simply detest this option period, you can uncheck the 1st option in my screen shot, uncheck "Enqueue and play ... ". I hope this helps someone, even if it's not 100 percent what @Aminifu was saying in response to @micronicos. I think that between all the posts here, anyone with this issue of unwanted playback upon enqueuing will find some solution. Winamp's features are many, keep hunting when you want it to do something it should and use these boards and you will likely find a solution pretty dang fast! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micronicos View Post
Hi Peoples,

I tried to register & found that I'd been a member since 2005 & forgotten it.

Anyway:
Enqueue works fine in v5.66, you have to setup the Shell Options correctly.

I've been going through this for hours with @caveman in the new forums (unofficial but get over there as these will be gone soon).

Here is our discussion & let me say again that it works just fine, I am serving from my laptop right now.

Uninstalled everything (DSP plug-in first) & installed from your link above & then re-installed ShoutCast DSP v2.3.3 & works fine.

Many thanks.

However! I noticed when configuring 5.65 that there is an option in the Shell Context setup...

"General Preferences/File Types/Shell Options" you can tick the option "Insert Enqueued Files after the currently playing file" and then having ticked that, also tick the sub-option "Leave Playback on the currently playing file".

I am too tired to try reinstalling 5.66 & testing, but this aint a default setting & might work the problem of immediately playing enqueued file Smile

Maybe someone could do this & report...

Then @caveman tried it & then I tried it:

Quote: Enqueue files on double click(default is unchecked)

Screenshotproof: https://i.imgur.com/HmqTzqp.jpg

So I would say that queueing is working in 5.66 Smile

Worked for me too & I also uninstalled using Revo & installed 5.66 from scratch (also using Revo of course

Was fiddly, I had to turn on the option of "Enqueue & Play", then I could tick "Insert Enqueued Files after the currently playing file" and then having ticked that, also tick the sub-option "Leave Playback on the currently playing file".

Then untick the main "Add 'Enqueue & Play' to Winamps Associated file types".

I'm serving out from it again & adding files to the queue no problemo!

I've posted on the 'official' forums about this.

It works...

Regards,
Nico Morrison
Radio Flower Raj
http://radio.theflowerraj.org/

Last edited by blaqhat; 26th September 2014 at 06:03. Reason: forgot picture
blaqhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2014, 16:07   #11
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaqhat View Post
This works, here is my screenshot.
I read this quickly so forgive me if I missed something, ...
Yes you did read posts 6, 7 and 9 too quickly, but no harm done. Your final comment is indeed true.

The options shown in your screenshot are what is added by the JTFE plug-in. The bug discussed in this thread was fixed. I suggest you upgrade to the current Winamp release 5.666 Build 3516 and the 2 plug-in updates. The blue sections in DrO's signature (in post #7 above) link to the download links. Install 5.666 first and then the plug-in updates.

The current Winamp release and the required plug-in updates not only fix the issue discussed in this thread and more; it also includes several additional feature updates to what's in version 5.66. This last AOL release is the best version of Winamp currently available. Some features that were licensed to the former owner (AOL) no longer work in it or version 5.66. Next year, the 1st release by the new owner (Radionomy) will have replacements for as many of these 'broken' features as possible.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support