Old 4th April 2012, 08:25   #1
Maxcee57

Library Loading

SORRY, but I can't find the answer to this!
How do I stop Winamp from loading my whole library into the playlist when I click on a song?
How can I get the song that is playing to be highlighted? When it goes to the next song it is not highlighted.
I have been using and looking at Winamp for years.I don't use very many controls as I don't know what the changes I make will do.
These are my only issues.
Thanks
Maxcee57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 11:05   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxcee57 View Post
How do I stop Winamp from loading my whole library into the playlist when I click on a song?
preferences -> media library -> uncheck the 'play all items' option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxcee57 View Post
How can I get the song that is playing to be highlighted? When it goes to the next song it is not highlighted.
the media library has no knowledge of what is being played as it is just another plug-in. there are numerous requests for this in the wishlist so it's known about but nothing has been done to implement what would likely be a heavy change in how the library works.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 11:27   #3
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Maxcee57,

For your 1st question, Per DJ Egg:

"Go to: Winamp > Prefs (Ctrl+P) > Media Library > Library Options tab and uncheck "Play search results (start with selected) on double click in media views". "

As to your 2nd question, there are various ways to highlight. I suggest you try to find time to browse through the Winamp Preferences Guide. There are a ton of options, but knowing what they do will increase your enjoyment of this app. Use the "Find" feature in your browser and search through the guide for terms you want info on (like 'highlight').

http://www.winamp.com/help/Winamp_Preferences_guide

Until you learn your way around, keep notes of any changes you make then you can easily undo things that don't do what you like or intended. If you get stuck, you can always come to the forums for help.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H1 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 18:41   #4
Maxcee57

Library

Thank you all! I will look at these settings.
Maxcee57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support