Old 10th April 2012, 17:45   #1
ppGrnd

repeating last X seconds after pause/play a audio file

I can see no option, neither a pluging to do that, but maybe somebody knows how to do it.

Here what I am trying to do,

I am using winamp to play some recording that I want to transcribe, not only because it is my default player, but because is very convenient with the media keys.

But when pause and play back, a little second is lost and a word in missed, then is necessary to rewind the five seconds to listen again (click on winamp, and one press left key, and click back to word). When you do this a thousand time, yes it becomes an hassle (and a waste of time)

Can be done a configuration or a plugin exist that will allow an "automatic" rewind of 2 seconds each time the pause / play is used ?. That would be great !!

any input, will be highly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
ppGrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 21:50   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ppGrnd,

Take a look at DrO's "Repeater" plug-in. It may help.

http://nunzioweb.com/daz/repeater.html

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H1 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 00:41   #3
ppGrnd

not really,

and also, I can not make it work the plugins in this page (I have try two of them, I already write the developer)

I am looking for a "simple" way to "auto rewind X seconds each time the file is paused"

may be some trick using hotkeys ? (I speak from the completely ignorance if that can be done ...)

thanks, of course
ppGrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 00:57   #4
DrO

with the two plug-ins you've tried (repeater and jump to time), i think it is more confusion over what they do than them not actually working. or are you saying you've changed the skip value for the rewind &/or fast-forward actions via the repeater plug-ins configuration and it's still doing a 5second jump?

the one that Aminifu suggested (repeater) is the nearest going in that it should be allowing you to at least set the fast forward or rewind time to be less than the default 5 second value. so the thinking of the suggestion i believe is that even though it won't auto-jump back x seconds, it will at least allow you to go back a smaller time scale than is currently available.

as for hotkeys, there are the 'Playback: Forward' and 'Playback: Rewind' global hotkeys which can be used which would also use the changed values from the Repeater plug-in.

otherwise, there is nothing direct which will do what you want without someone having to do some coding for it to happen.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 13:12   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ppGrnd,

Until someone writes an "auto rewind X seconds each time the file is paused" plug-in, there is a simple 2 step work-around. Just select the short (5 sec) rewind before selecting the pause. Even better if you can get the "Repeater" plug-in to allow you to adjust the short rewind interval.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H1 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support