Old 5th April 2012, 15:28   #1
WinampStrut

Exporting Smart Views

Hi everyone --

Does anyone knows a way or a plugin to automatically export winamp smart views into .m3u files?

I've got many smart views, some of them are quite complex, and I add regularly music to my library, so their content is regularly updated. What I'd like to do would be to being able to export them as .m3u playlist files (one for each smart view) all at once after I add some new music files into the library, rather than one by one.

-thanks-
WinampStrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 15:47   #2
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinampStrut View Post
Does anyone knows a way or a plugin to automatically export winamp smart views into .m3u files?
yes and no.

i've got an incomplete update for http://nunzioweb.com/daz/mlexporter.html which will allow you to export the smartview but it's not really in a state for releasing - as i started on the update last december but haven't had a chance to finish if off. hence the yes and no response.

otherwise i'm not aware of anything that will allow it without having to mess around with sending the whole smart view to a media library playlist or the main playlist editor and then saving that to a separate playlist.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 10:10   #3
WinampStrut

Hi DrO --

First of all, let me tell you that when navigating through your website, I realized that I have come very often and I am already using several of your plugins: so many thanks for that!

Regarding the update of the plugin your are working on, do you know if you plan to have an option that will allow to export the smart views all at once in several .m3u files? And do you have an idea (if and) when you plan to release this update?

Thanks for the information.

-cheers-
Old 6th April 2012, 10:34   #4
DrO

in its current state, it will just dump all of the smartviews to the export format specified (be it playlist or csv or plain text) into the selected folder -that bit works. it's working on the individual exporting which isn't done (although it's mainly just adding a UI to control it which needs to be done).

i don't have a set date on when the update will happen as it should have been released before the year started but that never happened (the pesky thing called work got in the way). the best i can do is post back here when it does happens.

-daz
Old 6th April 2012, 11:13   #5
WinampStrut

Dear DrO --

When you say this: "in its current state, it will just dump all of the smartviews to the export format specified (be it playlist or csv or plain text) into the selected folder -that bit works.", if I understand well, it means that you have currently a version of your plugin able to export all the smartviews all at once, is that right?

If this is the case, would it be possible to have this version of the plugin, even if you still want to improve it later? I guess that basically it does already everything I want.

-thanks-
Old 6th April 2012, 13:53   #6
DrO

check your pm, noting my final comments.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support