Old 4th April 2008, 17:31   #1
Y0uk41

Need help PlEdit scrollbar

So I have like this great idea for a skin, but in order to create it I need to add a certain background to the Playlist Editor window, and I need to change the image of the scrollbar as well. I've seen many skins with non-standard scrollbar-sliders, but no matter how I scan their codes I cannot find where it's defined. Help?
And I also want to know if it's possible to add a certain picture as background in the PlEdit window (haven't seen that in any other skin).

Thanks //Youkai
Y0uk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 17:40   #2
pjn123
Major Dude

New scrollbars:
- Ok first you need to make sure your skin version is the latest (1.32... see skin.xml in bento for example)
- Then you'll need to define these bitmaps: (see winamp/skins/Big Bento/system-elements.xml for example)
code:
<!-- Scrollbars (on List, Tree, etc...) -->
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.button" file="scrollbars.png" x="20" y="0" h="31" w="13" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.button.hover" file="scrollbars.png" x="20" y="0" h="31" w="13" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.button.pressed" file="scrollbars.png" x="40" y="0" h="31" w="13" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>

<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.left" file="scrollbars.png" x="60" y="0" h="14" w="13" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.left.hover" file="scrollbars.png" x="60" y="0" h="14" w="13" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.left.pressed" file="scrollbars.png" x="80" y="0" h="14" w="13" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>

<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.right" file="scrollbars.png" x="60" y="26" h="14" w="13" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.right.hover" file="scrollbars.png" x="60" y="26" h="14" w="13" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.right.pressed" file="scrollbars.png" x="80" y="26" h="14" w="13" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>

<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.background" file="scrollbars.png" x="0" y="0" w="13" h="17" gammagroup="ScrollBarTrack"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.background.top" file="scrollbars.png" x="0" y="0" w="13" h="17" gammagroup="ScrollBarTrack"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.background.middle" file="scrollbars.png" x="0" y="0" w="13" h="17" gammagroup="ScrollBarTrack"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.vertical.background.bottom" file="scrollbars.png" x="0" y="0" w="13" h="17" gammagroup="ScrollBarTrack"/>

<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.button" file="scrollbars.png" x="12" y="70" h="13" w="31" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.button.hover" file="scrollbars.png" x="12" y="70" h="13" w="31" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.button.pressed" file="scrollbars.png" x="12" y="90" h="13" w="31" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>

<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.left" file="scrollbars.png" x="0" y="110" h="13" w="14" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.left.hover" file="scrollbars.png" x="0" y="110" h="13" w="14" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.left.pressed" file="scrollbars.png" x="0" y="130" h="13" w="14" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>

<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.right" file="scrollbars.png" x="26" y="110" h="13" w="14" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.right.hover" file="scrollbars.png" x="26" y="110" h="13" w="14" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.right.pressed" file="scrollbars.png" x="26" y="130" h="13" w="14" gammagroup="PlayerButton"/>

<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.background" file="scrollbars.png" x="18" y="50" w="17" h="13" gammagroup="ScrollBarTrack"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.background.top" file="scrollbars.png" x="18" y="50" w="17" h="13" gammagroup="ScrollBarTrack"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.background.middle" file="scrollbars.png" x="18" y="50" w="17" h="13" gammagroup="ScrollBarTrack"/>
<bitmap id="wasabi.scrollbar.horizontal.background.bottom" file="scrollbars.png" x="18" y="50" w="17" h="13" gammagroup="ScrollBarTrack"/>

Picture as playlist background
- Not possible

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Download ClassicPro© ==== cPro Skins ==== ClassicPro© Homepage ==== SC Forums
pjn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2008, 18:12   #3
Y0uk41

So, I only need to define those elements, not write anything elsewhere (as when you create a button. First define the button image, and then define the button in a group), even if I build my skin from scratch (not using Big Bento or Winamp Modern as base)?
Since I cannot use an image for background, is it possible to make the PlEdit background white and then add black lines between every track (like a piece of paper)?
Old 4th April 2008, 18:52   #4
pjn123
Major Dude

Jip, just need to include those bitmapelements somewhere... Winamp is just waiting for them

The playlist is limited to the playlist you see in classic skins... so you can just set the bg color, no lines

If you're know your way around the new (5.5+) pldir.mi you can create your own playlist and do with it what you want but if this is your first skin its not recommended

ClassicPro© v2.01 : This plugin allows you to use cPro skins in Winamp. ClassicPro skins are all SUI skins and loads very quickly. ClassicPro skins is even easier to skin than Winamp Classic skins. A new layout have been added since version 2.
Old 4th April 2008, 18:55   #5
Y0uk41

It is not my first skin, and I'm a quick learner. You have a link to where I can find more information on the pldir.mi?
Old 4th April 2008, 18:59   #6
pjn123
Major Dude

Here is a little something I did a while back.

It's a custom playlist with artist + title + cover

Stopped working on it because I need a few more functions to complete it (mousewheel for example)
Attached Files
File Type: wal customplaylist-wip-002.wal (6.6 KB, 343 views)

Old 4th April 2008, 19:03   #7
pjn123
Major Dude

Here is the PLDIR.mi

You check the source code of my previous post to see some functions in action. Pretty easy to get the hang of though
Attached Files
File Type: zip pldir.zip (1.3 KB, 298 views)

Old 24th November 2009, 00:24   #8
Nate C.

is it possible to change the h and w values for the different properties?
Nate C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 19:25   #9
corwwin

Hi

You can browse the plugin section for wallpaper in playlist. I've had this plugin but can't find it anymore.
corwwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2009, 19:29   #10
DrO

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=223756 ?

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins