Old 21st January 2011, 06:08   #1
sipi41

winamp has stopped working dsp_sc.dll windows 7

I have downloaded the latest version of winamp (5.6) and the Shoutcast to broadcast audio...

My pc has a fresh installed and updated windows version 7 x64.

With my old windows 7 it was working fine, but I decided re-install because I had a lot of games and things... so I reinstalled and now winamp work fine BUT when open

preferences > plugins > dsp/Effect and choose shoutcast immediately I get the windows error message as follow:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-01-21T05:47:12.000000000Z

EventRecordID 484

Channel Application

Computer LecturaBiblica

Security

- EventData

winamp.exe
4d00b3a0
dsp_sc.dll
4d10a729
c0000005
8cc
01cbb92ea587568e
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\winamp.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\dsp_sc.dll
e46be0fc-2521-11e0-a957-0026188e0d27

DOES ANYONE HERE know what's happening? this is the first time I see this error... and the application just close... ideas?

I found a workaround... temporal but is not right... run the winamp as Windows XP sp3...
sipi41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 07:37   #2
DrO

it's the same issue reported from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....82#post2734182 and the rest of the thread though i still haven't a clue what is causing it to crash for people though if you're saying it'll work in compatablity mode... do you have visual theming disabled? (trying to think what in the code is vista/win7 specific which could be the issue).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 16:11   #3
sipi41

do you have visual theming disabled?

do you have visual theming disabled? what's that?? would you please explain? sorry...
Old 21st January 2011, 16:17   #4
DrO

it's all the fancy ui stuff in Windows like the aero / glass stuff (though i've tried it myself and didn't get a crash so that rules that idea out either way i think).

-daz
Old 21st January 2011, 16:24   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
i run the dsp like this:

XP, with "themes" turned off in windows services

winamp 5.601 LITE, with DrO's latest DSP, and the EQ and PL off, no visualizations installed.

this has been rock solid for me so far, since like a while before xmas. 24/7 on the audio card input.

i would suggest that to anyone broadcasting, try to do similar, turn off all the extra garbage, esp visual stuff, and see if that improves the situation. if it does, you can just go forward with that, or you can turn things on one by one and try to provide narrow causes or combos of causes that bork the reliability.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2011, 17:53   #6
DrO

that doesn't really help towards working out and fixing the issue as telling people to disable visual themes isn't an option (especially when it generally works with and without). and i only thought it could be visual theming as the plug-in does somethings differently but it also affects XP and none of the crash issues have come from XP users.

-daz
Old 21st January 2011, 18:07   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

ok, i guess i was just trying to say here's an established baseline, work from here... meaning that if you knew of a stable setup, you could work your way backwards and see over time what difference is causing the crash. eventually i'll be replacing our shoutcast machines with 64bit win7 ones, and so i am definitely interested to find the stability recipe, and hopefully i'll be able to kill unused / unnecessary bells and whistles like visual candy.

--
Old 25th January 2011, 07:11   #8
sipi41

This doesn't resolve the issue... so... where the administrators are around here??
Old 25th January 2011, 09:46   #9
DrO

sipi41: check your pm's please...

-daz
Old 25th January 2011, 15:37   #10
MrSinatra
Forum King

hmmm... picking up on something u said DrO, 'vista/win7 specific' ...windows defender is, as it normally doesn't come on xp but you can install it there too. or maybe the compatible mode routes the audio differently?

--
Old 25th January 2011, 15:59   #11
DrO

it's due to the detection of the capture devices on Vista / Win7 which wasn't coping nicely if there were no active / connected capture devices leading to the check for the default device to fail (which wasn't handed properly equalling a crash). weirdly, Vista is more tempremental about this but i believe it's the issue sipi41 is experiencing on Win7 as well.

-daz
Old 25th January 2011, 22:34   #12
DrO

sipi41: ignore the pm i sent and just install v2.1.3 from http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=324882

-daz
Old 29th January 2011, 23:16   #13
rlo

I had this problem as well. I used CCleaner and did a registry scan. After I fixed the problems shoutcast dsp worked.
rlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 23:59   #14
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Can you attach a log of what CCleaner did?
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2011, 08:40   #15
DrO

rlo: was that with using v2.1.3 of the DSP present or an older version of it?

@everyone else who reported issues: has anyone who reported issues used v2.1.3 and does it resolve the issue for them as no one has responded and i'm getting somewhat concerned...

-daz
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:01   #16
rlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
Can you attach a log of what CCleaner did?
No TT.... I can't remember. I had a hang up problem when windows 7 shut down so I used CCleaner to see if it helped and I accidentally found that edcast and DSP were working. When I first tried to use shoutcast, Winamp crashed because a .dll was corrupt or modified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
rlo: was that with using v2.1.3 of the DSP present or an older version of it?

@everyone else who reported issues: has anyone who reported issues used v2.1.3 and does it resolve the issue for them as no one has responded and i'm getting somewhat concerned...

-daz
DR O. I used DSP 2.1.3...

If I can be honest. I used a crack on Windows 7 because my original key didn't work. I believe the crack modified the .dll file that dsp uses
rlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:08   #17
DrO

if you're hacking the OS then there's not much more i'll do if you're having issues with the running of the SHOUTcast tools as they expect a fully working and legitimate OS - cracking the OS does not count for that and pretty much invalidates any error reports.

-daz
Old 21st August 2011, 09:10   #18
Detronix

I was running windows 7 yesterday and winamp was working fine. I then did something to totally screw up my windows installation (by accident), i was forced to re-install windows, then after i had updated everything and everything was back to normal, i installed a brand new copy of winamp, but its giving me the "winamp has stopped working" error.

I can open winamp and change the skins. I can edit the preferences, and i can probably do everything, but i cant play music or video.

Edit: Iv fixed it.

I went to the program files folder in windows 7...
I uninstalled winamp and left the plugins and skins alone so that I could use them again later, but I did empty the winamp folder (I copy / pasted the skins and everything else to another folder so that the winamp folder was clear)

While I was in the "program files" folder, i noticed that there were some old "winamp" folders like "winamp deskband". These were old plugins for winamp which did not even work.
(It would be very nice if winamp had a deskbad in the task bar... anyway)
I deleted these old winamp folders and made sure there were none left, then proceeded to re-install winamp.

Winamp worked!

Last edited by Detronix; 21st August 2011 at 10:22. Reason: Things have changed
Detronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support