Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 11th September 2010, 01:48   #1
nastajus

looking for skin that allows widening of the seek bar, but simpler skin.

Basically I'm looking for two things together in a skin. A simple plain skin that also allows me to widen the player to full width of my monitor. I've looked for over an hour in Skins and have given up. Maybe someone here can steer me in the right direction. Pics attached. That's basically it.

Basically I love the extremely minimal design of WMP in Windows 7, but it's no Winamp.

I don't really need to see all the fancy stuff, like all those buttons, all those moving things, the spectrometer (?), the visualizer (?), all those little thingies... I have all the keys I need memorized for playback, and the right-click menu has everything I need. They distract the eye. I know I can turn stop the moving stuff, I'd rather just not have them at all. I want smoooooooooth and sleek if possible. See the pictures attached, you'll see what I mean. Heck, a skin that showed absolutely nothing could very well be what I'm looking for. Except maybe seeing the time would would be a bonus, since I'm going through many hours of audio convesations, and need to know the time certain topics come up.

I figure it's a little more complex to code widening into skins, so I figure MOST don't allow widening. At least that's the case with the skins I tried. I've looked at the first 3 pages of Compact/Utility skins in each of 4 categories (Top Downloads, Most Popular, etc). Nothing. I tried Simplex and WMP11 and Bento and Simple Modern. None widen the seek bar.

PS the skins subforum looked like it all caters to creating skins, so I figured I'd ask here.

I appreciate any advice you may give.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WMP at it's simplest.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	47556   Click image for larger version

Name:	WINAMP decked out with Xmas bells.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	47557  
nastajus is offline   Reply With Quote