Old 10th February 2011, 07:46   #1
hogie

General question about using winamp skins.

Hi All

I am currently using Bento as a skin and have the layout of all the panels how i want them. I like the layout but would like to try other skins from time to time.

When you install a skin does it have a predetermined limitations on how it can be laid out? Is it even possible for the layout to stay the same but just give it different feel or look? When I have installed skins I may for example only get 3 separated un-docked panels. I find this really cumbersome to use and tricky to get it how I want it.

Any help or tips much appreciated!

Hogie.
hogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2011, 08:00   #2
DrO

all depends on the skin based on how it's been constructed and what options and features it provides.

some skins provide colourthemes allowing for changes to the colours without changing the layout, etc but that still depends on the skin supporting the feature and providing colourthemes to use with it.

basically there's no guarantee any skin will provide the same set of options as the previous one you try as its down to what the skin author wanted to provide, unless you use a classic skin and then that will always be the same irrespective of the colouring, etc used as they are a fixed form (though i doubt you'd like them if you like the Bento skin).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
customizing, layout, skins